JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few months back I was yakking to a range buddy about how he really lucked in to his Pedersoli Kuechenreuter target pistol - bought for a hundred bucks from a dealer who knew DS about BP, and had it lying in an old orange box with a few non-matching accessories.

He told me that he had just had it repaired for the third time - the sear having just broken in two - again. The local dealer charged him a total of £130 - at the time $190 to do the repair.

I told him that -

a. that was outrageous, and

b. I was certain that I could get the part and fit it for much less.

To cut a long story short, I contacted Balasz Németh in Hungary, known here and on his Youtube channel as capandball, and got one sent to me here in yUK for less than thirty bucks.

A BIG plaudit for the Brothers and their great service [Kapszli.hu]

Fitting it took almost ten minutes, but we had already noticed what may have been contributory to the short life-span of this vital component. The mainspring is HORRENDOUSLY strong, and almost defeated the otherwise mighty grip of both of us in an effort to compress it to remove it.

Pedersoli - if you are reading this - please make 'em weaker! Mike is gradually thinning the spring down by gently taking material off each side with a stone.

tac

bow.gif thumpsup.gif

Tac ...
If you ever need a new mainspring let me know.
I have loads ... New , not so new and antique.
It shouldn't cost that much to ship to ya ... And I'd be happy to let you have it for free.
Andy

Last Edited:
Silly question that I now just thought of , now that the coffee is kicking in.
Do you all have a Mainspring Vise?
If not they are affordable.
The GUNWORKS ( in Springfield OR. )
Dixie's GunWorks
Track of the Wolf
All carry 'em.

Saves some sweat and "Infantry Language" when removing or installing a mainspring. :D
Andy

Nope. I've never needed one since my only flintlock was stolen. My P-H Musketoon has an easy-to-remove mainspring, should I ever need to replace it.

I know Joe and Suzi in Springfield carry them, as they have most everything else that a lover of older guns could possibly want or need.

tac

Well, TBH, I'd give Joe and Suzi at the Gun Works a call before you go haring around the USA. If and when you do call them, tell them I sent you. It doesn't hurt to let them know that this forum and its members are supporters of the greatest BP GS in NW USA.

Last Edited:
Well, TBH, I'd give Joe and Suzi at the Gun Works a call before you go haring around the USA. If and when you do call them, tell them I sent you. It doesn't hurt to let them know that this forum and its members are supporters of the greatest BP GS in NW USA.
Nice folks..I should have thought of them before....thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top