JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a photo of my safe lock. there's stainless steel machine screws around the perimeter of the panel on the inside of the door. If you pull the panel off the entire lock system along with the arms that move the bolts are exposed. It's actually very simple how it works, the over-ride key operates the tubular lock that normally is operated with the electronic lock / electric solenoid. After entering the correct code the electric solenoid is triggered which pulls in a pin that's blocking the horizontal bar. After that is triggered the main key will turn which allows you to turn the wheel to pull in the bolts....and then you can open the door. Yeah, my "safe jargon" is probably not totally correct, but seriously not that complicated if you are at all handy and have a screwdriver and a couple wrenches. I've been a commercial general contractor / building operations engineer and maintenance manager my entire life - so I'm always figuring things out and repairing them.

(edited by moderator to work on an image resizing issue, no content was deleted or edited)

View attachment 644341
I should have about 7 complete sets of these in about a month, the electronic lock, the main key cylinder with keys and the over-ride cylinder with keys. I did a lot of digging and managed to locate some, so I purchased them and should be here in January sometime. My safe lock died and I lost one set of the keys! So needless to say I have been super paranoid about losing that set of keys and being totally screwed. I will keep everyone posted that's interested in buying one as I will have extras. I did a lot of talking to make this happen!
Hi There,

I too own a Patriot Safe and would like to buy the complete set if you still have any. My email is [email protected]. Thank you so much for sharing the fruits of your hard labor to track these down with us. -Mailinh

I received the parts and installed the new electronic lock and works great, I can now open my safe like I used to.
Unfortunately the keyed locks I received are the exact same locks, but too short - see photos. I did not realize they made a different lengths or would have disassembled and measured them 1st...DAMMIT!
Anyway as you can see by the photos each electronic lock comes with everything, a new horn, button, seloniod, battery box and back-up battery box for opening if your main batteries inside the safe die. The color is a nickel instead of chrome but looks fine to me....see photo of the new one installed. I'm working on getting the correct lock cylinders but for now if anyone is interested I will sell the new electronic locks for $50.00 a piece, plus shipping. Just message me and we'll figure out how to send.

Happy New Year everyone!

View attachment 647389 View attachment 647390 View attachment 647391

I received the parts and installed the new electronic lock and works great, I can now open my safe like I used to.
Unfortunately the keyed locks I received are the exact same locks, but too short - see photos. I did not realize they made a different lengths or would have disassembled and measured them 1st...DAMMIT!
Anyway as you can see by the photos each electronic lock comes with everything, a new horn, button, seloniod, battery box and back-up battery box for opening if your main batteries inside the safe die. The color is a nickel instead of chrome but looks fine to me....see photo of the new one installed. I'm working on getting the correct lock cylinders but for now if anyone is interested I will sell the new electronic locks for $50.00 a piece, plus shipping. Just message me and we'll figure out how to send.

Happy New Year everyone!

View attachment 647389 View attachment 647390 View attachment 647391
Do you still have these to sell? Very interested and have been trying to get spare keys made with no luck - Ty Kenny

Well I see I'm not the only one! My batteries have went dead before but had no problem using the battery pack and getting the door open and putting in new batteries. This time, the battery indicator indicates they are full. I put in the combo and get error. Last time, when the batteries went dead, it did something different, but I don't remember exactly what? I've got the keys, somewhere, so hopefully they will open it up. I'm worried the mother board is shot. This thread has given me lots of info. I can't find my manual either! I put it in a safe place where it wouldn't get lost and don't remember where!!!
I think your safe might have reset to the factory default combinations.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7QaujYWng&t=137s

I need them - Please help

Ty Kenny
Getting key blanks didn't seem to be an issue. Search for "BDA-1 Baodean key blank." Getting the dimple key cut is a problem. I talked to a lot of locksmiths before I gave up. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to replace the dimple key or the lock cylinder. I even contacted the company in China who makes the locks, and I gave up after a few emails. You can try this from Amazon. It looks the same except that it doesn't use a key. Not sure if it will fit perfectly, but it's only $35 so worth a try. I don't personally have experience with this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BBG3C1K...6RYDDNZB&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Getting key blanks didn't seem to be an issue. Search for "BDA-1 Baodean key blank." Getting the dimple key cut is a problem. I talked to a lot of locksmiths before I gave up. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to replace the dimple key or the lock cylinder. I even contacted the company in China who makes the locks, and I gave up after a few emails. You can try this from Amazon. It looks the same except that it doesn't use a key. Not sure if it will fit perfectly, but it's only $35 so worth a try. I don't personally have experience with this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BBG3C1K...6RYDDNZB&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Ty, I have found this Amazon deal - my electronics is actually working fine after I went over everything n reconditioned it - then followed you tube video on how to reset n recode it - just looking to get a extra back-up special key made for my girlfriend to have a complete back-up key set incase anything would happen to me 🙏

Ty, I have found this Amazon deal - my electronics is actually working fine after I went over everything n reconditioned it - then followed you tube video on how to reset n recode it - just looking to get a extra back-up special key made for my girlfriend to have a complete back-up key set incase anything would happen to me 🙏
I'm also in need of a new dimple key because I only have one now. Or replacing that lock. I haven't found a solution. Let me know if you ever figure that out.

I'm also in need of a new dimple key because I only have one now. Or replacing that lock. I haven't found a solution. Let me know if you ever figure that out.
Will do - can get a blank - just no one that's able to cut it 🤔 thought about trying to Use a dremel to cut it out myself - doesn't look real complicated - I think 🙃

Hello All:

I joined after reading all of the previous pages. I too have had problems with my Patriot Safe , purchased in 2011. Everything has worked until about 3 years ago when my display went out. Did the normal things; Changed batteries, tried the Backup power pack, cleaned the main battery pack contacts to no success.
Step -1
Been using the Two-Key manual method for opening & closing since. Then started searching for info on the net and found this. I also found and purchased a replacement electronic locking system. I have received it and set it up on my table to make sure all of the parts are working and they are. I have changed the combo & set the date & time.
Step - 2
Now that everything is working on the table, figured I would look inside the safe and start to trouble-shoot. Opened up and took off the inside-door panel to expose the locking mechanism and parts.
Once there I started with the replacement main power source and connected my new one in place to see if the electronic panel would respond. NO, response.
Step - 3
Left the new power source plugged into the circuit board and then plugged in my new electronic control panel into the original circuit board in place of the original electronic panel on the front of the safe, to see if anything worked. NO power to my new panel either.

This leads me to think that the original circuit board might be the bad part as nothing seems to be flowing thru it to the old panel or my new panel.
Step - 4
My question is; Has anyone removed the original electronic panel and installed the new one? It appears that the "round-key" hole and the "flat-key" hole line up perfectly. Looking at the locking mechanism from the inside, not sure how the get the old front electronic panel off. I am not sure if it is replaceable without removing all of locking mechanism.

Anybody have any insight?

Thx,
Dean

As a locksmith that has had to open several Patriot Safes, I think it's sad that ya can't afford to replace that old pos with a nice AMSEC safe and I don't mean the ones with a 3/16 or 1/4" thick door.

Get a safe that will be a bit of a challenge for someone with a cut-off wheel on their angle grinder to get through or at least get plenty of insurance on your guns

What happens to a safe door when ya bash it in the center with a big hammer?

The edges bow out, allowing a crowbar entry-- Big, thick doors slow down this process

As a locksmith that has had to open several Patriot Safes, I think it's sad that ya can't afford to replace that old pos with a nice AMSEC safe and I don't mean the ones with a 3/16 or 1/4" thick door.

Get a safe that will be a bit of a challenge for someone with a cut-off wheel on their angle grinder to get through or at least get plenty of insurance on your guns

The edges bow out, allowing a crowbar entry-- Big, thick doors slow down this process

Thank you for your reply to my question. Wow…..

At least I will know who to contact if I have any issues with my other two safes: BFII 6030 & BFX 6030.

The Patriot Safe was purchased for my ammo only, that is why I have just accepted the two-key method after the electronics quit. Retired now and just figured I'd see if I could get it working.

Happy Easter!

Dean

Well first of all not all people can afford the nice safes - any any safe us better than no safe - I purchased my patriot safe for $300 delivered to my door - safe is good I believe to 1800° + for like 2hrs - everything actually works on mine fine after I got it figured out - just need one of those special keys made which I can not find anyone that can get or do them 🙄 I have 1 of those special keys n 2 of the others - wanted to give my girl a set incase something would happen to me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top