JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On another non firearm forum that I frequent,there is a section for "relays" of parts.
Obviously complete firearms cannot be transported,but has anyone here ever considered a section for people willing to post a destination they may be traveling to,and can pick up or drop off parts,ammo,etc?
Or relays "wanted"?

For large or heavy items it may save a few bucks.
Or people who are older,work a lot,have kids,and so on and dont/cant/won't drive..
I for one am always heading all over the countryside and am willing to do it for members I know and trust.
Thoughts?

Obviously you would have to trust all parties involved,but even Craigslist has a rideshare section (which I would never recommend)

When we did the $160/1,000 round of 9mm bulk buy(around the time 50 was $12-14a box), I had exactly 1 person in the whole Portland/Vancouver area take me up on the offer of picking it up for them out of the dozens of people who claimed to want some.

I had to go anyway for some friends and the 7k I picked up had my car leaning just a bit to the passenger side lol so it worked out fine for that guy and me and my buddies but the bulk buyer got the shaft and there hasn't been a bulk buy since that I know of, and this is when I also had a trade rating in the 40's or high 30's and a huge post and like count.

Another story, someone in Salem was selling .22lr at a good price during the panic days and one guy offered to go get the whole lot and split it between 3-4 of us. Supposedly the guy before me showed up with a credit card and a huge debacle happened as he tried to find the cash for the poor guy that did the driving - the other three of us had cash plus gas money in hand and a smile on our face when we met the gentleman.

These things do work out, but when they go south they really screw the whole thing up for everyone.

Great idea, hard to implement IMO.

It would be awesome to get things from hillsboro or Oregon city brought up, even for a small gas fee because adding my time plus gas to go get it has kept me from buying many things in the past.

My thought was more like your last post..personally I don't want to get involved in group buys or any other financial schemes,just members helping each other out if one guy is gonna be passing through a place where another guy needs something.

Prime example,I'm heading to Eugene this Saturday,and would be willing to pick up along I5 between milwaukie and eugene.

I don't want to have to pm every single guy I know on here-so a thread or section or whatever made sense to me..

Works for me:cool:.

Like you stated, I'd have to have some faith in the guy selling as well as buying and they of the runnner.

Would be a great help to some for sure. Kinda like the pass it on threads.

It works quite well in the vintage hot rod hobby.
I've been on both sides of the relay and never had anything but a win-win.
Maybe when it comes to gun guys,we are just too paranoid?
I dunno,it was a bad idea I guess!

Didn't we have some bulk bullet buys, from I think Rainier Ballistics, or somewhere up there? There was a group powder buy a while ago I believe. Not sure how it turned out though.

Seems those things were more appropriate back when components were scarce though, maybe?

My thought was more like your last post..personally I don't want to get involved in group buys or any other financial schemes,just members helping each other out if one guy is gonna be passing through a place where another guy needs something.

Prime example,I'm heading to Eugene this Saturday,and would be willing to pick up along I5 between milwaukie and eugene.

I've always been up to be a mule. Guess my ratings aren't enough for somebody to trust though. I've attempted to facilitate three way trades because "I'm going to xyz, you want what's here, meet me when I get back because I'm going there anyway.."

Nope... it's not worth it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads