JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Among other tools, I kept a spare condenser, some emery cloth, a gapper and a timing light in my Beemer 530i. Rather than using expensive dealerships, I kept it humming smoothly myself to pay for speeding tickets.

My stepdad bought a new 1966 Chevrolet 1/2 ton in November of 1965. I inherited it about thirty years ago and it is still my 'haul stuff' i.e. garbage, dirt etc. truck. Before I overhauled the original 283 cu. in. small block it had the little metal window on the distributor cap that allowed setting dwell while the engine was running with an allen wrench. Very easy to set dwell exactly to specifications. When I overhauled the engine I changed to the Pertronix electronic ignition and haven't had to check timing or adjust/replace points since. Far more efficient. Tom.

Yeah, I've seen many of those on several of my early rigs. Last time I had to screw with any of that was right before I sold my '70 Volvo 142 to some young kid in 1990.
Gave him the "toys" to go with it, saying something like, "Here, you're gonna need to learn how to use these things to keep that thing runnin'..."

He apparently did. About 3 or 4 years later, as I'm sitting at a traffic light in my turbo'ed Toyota Supra, my old Volvo goes zipping through the intersection. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top