Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Parkerizing in southern Oregon?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by no time, Nov 24, 2012.

1. no time

no time Roseburg area Active Member

Has anyone had any parkerizing done in the southern half of Oregon? Like say from Eugene south? I'd like to re-parkerize a Garand, and I'd rather deal with someone directly than ship it or drive to the Portland area. If I cant find someone local to me, then I guess a trip to Portland will be in order, so I'd appreciate suggestions of locations to get the work done in that area too.

2. wopinc

wopinc Medford Member

I would highly recommend Cerakote in White City, just outside of Medford. They have a factory and do an A+ job of firearm coatings in just about any color you would want. Check out their web site at Cerakote Coatings . I have seen some of their work and it is top quality and fair pricing.

3. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

Ed I think preps guns and send them out to be park'd... I recall seeing some samples of the work he was having done a couple years ago when I had my pistol cerakote.
    Boening's Custom Guns
    . 2608 W Main St, Medford, OR 97501 » Map (541) 858-5066

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Boy I tell ya,after seeing new Remington shotguns with rust,the last thing I would pay for on a gun is parkerizing.
    Ceracoating may be a lot more than you want to pay,but I bet you can do better than a parkerize job with Krylon or BBQ paint.

5. no time

no time Roseburg area Active Member

Thanks for the tips...

I'd like to use parkerizing instead of a Ceracoat finish to keep the Garand as "correct" looking as possible. I haven't seen the Remington shotguns that are rusting, but I'd have to think that Remington is doing something very wrong.

6. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member