JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm a new owner of a used 1999 Para Ordnance P12-45. I didn't notice this when I bought it, but the lock back notch in the slide is a bit deformed. With full power factory ammo the slide won't lock back on an empty mag, but with low power reloads it locks on an empty mag. The notch in the slide is a bit mushroomed and bent so I'm assuming that is the problem. Can this be fixed? How would a gunsmith fix it? I'll probably need to have the slide re-coated as well, yes? Any recommendations for a gunsmith that can fix this in the Portland/Vancouver area? Any idea on what this will cost?

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully you can see it in this photo, it's a cell phone pic

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've seen this a few times. Sometimes the slides are a little soft in that area and we see here what happens after awhile..
I have tig welded up a few then just recut the notch, then refinished the slide..
After about 100 rounds you could actually see the hard spot from the weld holding up just fine, but it was being pushed back into the softer steel behind the weld...making an irritating dimple !! What a waste of time.

You can also just dress it up and remove the burrs, make it look pretty... But the slide is still soft.

I sent one para hawg back to para.. I circled the area of the notch on the slide sent along a nice note... They replaced the slide with a new one..I would try that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top