JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Received 2 a couple Weeks ago and just now found out they BOTH have out of spec pistol grip screw holes. I'm freaking pissed! Almost had one completely built until I reached the pistol grip, the screw will only go in 1/4 of the way until it completely stops. Totally ruined my day.

Was having such a good day from the gun show and shooting range too.

Should I return them or try and tap it?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Received 2 a couple Weeks ago and just now found out they BOTH have out of spec pistol grip screw holes. I'm freaking pissed! Almost had one completely built until I reached the pistol grip, the screw will only go in 1/4 of the way until it completely stops. Totally ruined my day.

Was having such a good day from the gun show and shooting range too.

Should I return them or try and tap it?

I would give them a call to see what they say. I have had good luck with their lowers so you must have recieved a bad batch.

I would contact the company you bought them from and talk to them first, before I started to do any mods on them. If the outfit is top notch I would hope they would stand behind there product and offer to replace them.

I've built 4 lowers using Palmettos bought on 3 separate occasions and they have all been in spec. Plus as stated above, no other people are reporting out of spec lowers on arf, if this was the case you would see a huge thread about.

Take it to a smith that knows ARs like Curt's in Milwaukie, confirm it is actually out of spec.

I'm sure they will take care of me, they have a good reputation.

I'm positive its the lowers because I tried the screw in my spikes lower and it threaded in. I also tried the screw from my spikes on the palmetto and it didn't thread.

I'll give them a call tomorrow, even though they never answer when I call.

I'm sure its the lowers though. I got consecutive serial numbers and they both have the same problem.

Both screws are from a DPMS parts kit, but they both fit fine in my spikes lowers.

i just read their lowers are now being machined by cnc machines so they may have an influx in drilling issues on one shift of production?
i used to run a cnc and it does happen that a few parts get by qc without being caught.
i should say they were always machined by cnc's but they got a new"multi million dollar"cnc they advertised.

Who knows. Maybe my spikes lower is out of spec, and my PSA's are in spec. I'll try to contact them and post the outcome here.

Hopefully all goes well.

Maybe their tap got worn down to the point where it tapped out of spec holes.

Personally I would just tap them and keep on moving building. Probably just some bad threads. I wouldn't call them "out of spec" so to speak just a manufacturing defect.

I was thinking about just grinding down the screws if I had to keep them. It threads about 3/4 of the way in with a little force. But, I want to let them know about it, don't want this to happen to someone else.

Anybody have a spare grip screw? I just want to make sure it's not because of the DPMS screws I'm using

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads