JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The owner of the Chinese restaraunt that my wife and I like to eat at speaks that way.
Rather than make fun of his less-than-perfect English, I choose instead to remember that (a) he is bilingual (b) I am not and (c) his English is far, far better than my Mandarin.

Guess I'll see how they do by me. Ordered a PSA 18" upper from them this weekend.

I've got an Olympic Arms CAR-97 in 1998 during the Assault Weapons Ban. Never even had an interest in an AR until Slick Willie went after them. When the ban ended, I replaced the backend with an adjustable Magpul buttstock. Then replaced the trigger with a Velocity 3# single stage. The other day I added the KNS Precision non-rotating trigger and hammer pins. It has the traditional A2 upper with carry handle, and a 16" barrel with a permanently attached flash hider. I wanted a flat top upper with a longer barrel, so went with the PSA 18" in .223 Wylde.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
They are insanely slow when it comes to shipping. The key is to buy the minute you see one of those crazy deals. They will ship the orders as they received them. If you find yourself at the bottom of the list prepared to wait quite a while. Their customer service Is lacking but at least they picked up the phone and answered my call the three times I was waiting for my VZ2008

Aside from slow shipping I've never had an issue with them. However I've never had to send anything back or get a replacement of any kind.. which I'm sure is a nightmare.

I ordered an ar 10 body from them, then I read the reviews. Should have read the reviews first. After a few days with no shipping notification I sent em an email saying if they didn't ship the order buy the next day I would call the bank and dispute the charges. They finally sent it out after I did that and there were no more problems. They have a ton of bad reviews an d a few good ones.

Never had an issue on any of my purchases, so never dealt with CS department. Hope I don't have to, I just ordered ammo and mag's from them!
I hope they eventually give you a satisfactory result!

I tried to use one of their lpk's. Once. Then threw most of the parts away and called aero precision and ordered a proper lpk. No fuss, no muss.

Budget companies exist on slipshod quality control and low prices. Not to offend anyone who loves them, but look at Taurus. They have always had the same issue. Poor quality control and inconsistent customer service. And they still somehow thrive. I lost count of how many Taurus I've sent back to the company before they even hit the shelves.

Not to say that these companies can't do anything right or good companies can't do anything wrong, but I prefer to play the odds.

And I'm with the others on this. Your point would have been stronger without the stereotype racial portions.

Last Edited:
Budget companies exist on slipshod quality control and low prices. Not to offend anyone who loves them, but look at Taurus. They have always had the same issue. Poor quality control and inconsistent customer service. And they still somehow thrive. I lost count of how many Taurus I've sent back to the company before they even hit the shelves.
Except there's one budget company that I am aware of, that seems to blow all the other budget companies out of the water when it comes to customer service and quality control relative to the price of their firearms... I am speaking of Hi Point. Even surprisingly all of their firearms are made in the USA, even though they do not always feel like quality like imported stuff or more expensive stuff... for what they are though, economical "gateway" :rolleyes: guns, they are good.
I've never had a problem with any of the Hi Point firearms, especially their 9mm carbines. I however have heard that some of their C9 handguns had magazine issues, but the .45ACP Model JHPs, no issues whatsoever.

Also, I've had great experience with Sarco lately, and their stuff seems nearly new if not totally new for the money.
As for Palmetto State Armory? I ordered one thing a few weeks back or so, and they sent me a shipping notification last week..supposed to arrive sometime this week via UPS. It was the $64.99 Weekend deal of 5 boxes of PMC .223 and 5 D&H Aluminum magazines (100 rds of .223 ammo).. even at say $8 each of the magazines, thats still only $24.99 for the 100rds of ammo... I haven't found the same low price per round locally for .223 ammo for my .223 Wylde AR.

Except there's one budget company that I am aware of, that seems to blow all the other budget companies out of the water when it comes to customer service and quality control relative to the price of their firearms... I am speaking of Hi Point. Even surprisingly all of their firearms are made in the USA, even though they do not always feel like quality like imported stuff or more expensive stuff... for what they are though, economical "gateway" :rolleyes: guns, they are good.
I've never had a problem with any of the Hi Point firearms, especially their 9mm carbines. I however have heard that some of their C9 handguns had magazine issues, but the .45ACP Model JHPs, no issues whatsoever.
I have a 9mm carbine that had at least 500 rounds through it I got in a trade and it has never missed a beat in the 500+ rounds Ive put through it over the years although I have never had one of their pistols.

I have a 9mm carbine that had at least 500 rounds through it I got in a trade and it has never missed a beat in the 500+ rounds Ive put through it over the years although I have never had one of their pistols.
You know, Hi Point company actually says to not detail clean it until its got over a thousand rounds through it.... lube of course, but dont strip it all down to clean it until after 1K rounds have been through it. If it was bought new, thats how they describe the break-in process.

My order placed 8/30 just shipped... wish they'd give tracking numbers.

We'll see how "mil-spec" their "mil-spec LPK" really is after a week on the BBT to get here...

I've had issues with hipoint as well. When you look at it from the standpoint of a shop owner and gunsmith, it's a different view.
I stopped selling hipoint in my shop because of the five pistols I sold, three had to go back to the manufacturer. Batting .400 in MLB will get you in the hall of fame. In the gun world, it will get you junked.

All companies have issues. No doubt. Some just have more than others. If someone has had good luck with a company and loves their products, then they should keep using them until that company gives them reason not too.

Bear in mind, the 9mm carbine, I've bought used. Never new.... however, Hi Point does stand behind their stuff.... the carbines, I've never heard people trashing them beyond their looks... handguns..... yeah there's a lot of complaints on those.... you however are right, all companies have issues... Didn't Bushmaster or Colt have issues with their Carbon-15 model? (Can't remember if it was Bushmaster or Colt that made the Carbon-15 polymer based AR..)

Bushmaster was the carbon-15. But colt has issues as well.

For me with hipoint, it comes to this. They are receptive in customer service. They will work on a gun, free of charge, as many times as you need to send it in. That has merit. But honestly, I don't like the fit, finish, and ergonomics of their product all that well in the first place. I've owned several hipoint, both pistols and carbines. I just don't like the product well enough to overlook their issues.

Like I said, if you like a product, then you have to make your own judgement as to the company's short comings. They all have them.

beauty of a relatively free market. One can pick and choose what works best for them within reason (We all would like the SBS/R and suppressors to be removed from the NFA thing but.......)

In other countries, you are not likely to have as many options for budgets.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR