JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm repainting my ATV trailer ... its got some rust but not horrible. I know i need to sand off the rust but do I need to sand the whole thing? And if i do how much sanding needs to be done? Just take off the loose paint that's peeling? Or try to remove all the paint ( I really hope not lol) I'm also replacing all the decking as well. I'm going to be using a paint gun hooked up to my compressor and yes I do have a water filter in my line to prevent water getting in the line. Also any thoughts on paint? I'm going to. Be going with black..

You can Scotch Brite the old paint, sand to bare metal any rusted areas and than wipe down everything with a degreaser. Prime all the bare metal, then paint away.

For a lasting paint job you should sand all to bare metal and clean with mineral spirits.

I suggest buying an angle grinder and a twisted wire cup (don't get crimped they don't last long)

This will blast all rust and loose paint off. Its time taking, but it works well.

Use a industrial strength rustoleum oil base primer and top coat. 1 primer 2 top coats and your trailer will be looking great.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews