JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a 1000 posts read and many trips to the gun shop I decided to buy an HK p30. I saved for a month and set off to buy the HK. I test fired the HK and test fired the Sig p229 sas gen 2.

I repeated alternating both pistols and, to my surprise, bought the Sig. Why?

It looked better.
It felt better.
I shot it better.
It had the best trigger I have ever used (SRT)
I liked the configuration better.
It recoild less.

I was amazed reading the posts. The HK was favored 5 to 1. Most said the trigger is the sh*&$, the mag release rubs my thumb etc. but I would take the HK. The Sigs were often bashed. I wonder how that can be? I have owned 6 now with never a glitch. Always fired, always ejected and never stove piped once. I shot all six right out of the box.

Well I feel better sharing my actual experience with both.

Excellent choice, sir. I love my Sigs and my P229 is my favorite shooter. I love it's trigger, reliability, handling and looks. Oh, and you can trust me, I'm a doctor. Lol. Cheers!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I have never shot the Sig, but I love my p30. the recoil may be due to how much lighter the P30 is. If I remember correctly the HK was quite a bit lighter then the Sig
At the moment I am trying to decide my next weapon. A S&W 500 or a 1911. the big con againt the s&w is the cost of ammo and againt the 1911 is the fact I have 2 H&k .40s

I've owned the P226 and P30.

People can argue pros/cons about each gun and manufacturer, but the Sig was clearly a better value (being almost $300 less than what I paid for my P30).

I'm interested in trying the P30's less expensive twin, the Walther PPQ.

I agree, they cost alot but I got mine pretty cheap as I got a usp40 at the same time. and yeah, you can buy a lot of ammo for that extra cost but I thought the quality and the fact that the p30 fit my hand almost perfectly it was worth the extra cost.

I was amazed reading the posts. The HK was favored 5 to 1.

who are these e-tards? the 229 is the greatest gun ever assembled 106wzft.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads