JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a 1000 posts read and many trips to the gun shop I decided to buy an HK p30. I saved for a month and set off to buy the HK. I test fired the HK and test fired the Sig p229 sas gen 2.

I repeated alternating both pistols and, to my surprise, bought the Sig. Why?

It looked better.
It felt better.
I shot it better.
It had the best trigger I have ever used (SRT)
I liked the configuration better.
It recoild less.

I was amazed reading the posts. The HK was favored 5 to 1. Most said the trigger is the sh*&$, the mag release rubs my thumb etc. but I would take the HK. The Sigs were often bashed. I wonder how that can be? I have owned 6 now with never a glitch. Always fired, always ejected and never stove piped once. I shot all six right out of the box.

Well I feel better sharing my actual experience with both.

Excellent choice, sir. I love my Sigs and my P229 is my favorite shooter. I love it's trigger, reliability, handling and looks. Oh, and you can trust me, I'm a doctor. Lol. Cheers!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I have never shot the Sig, but I love my p30. the recoil may be due to how much lighter the P30 is. If I remember correctly the HK was quite a bit lighter then the Sig
At the moment I am trying to decide my next weapon. A S&W 500 or a 1911. the big con againt the s&w is the cost of ammo and againt the 1911 is the fact I have 2 H&k .40s

I've owned the P226 and P30.

People can argue pros/cons about each gun and manufacturer, but the Sig was clearly a better value (being almost $300 less than what I paid for my P30).

I'm interested in trying the P30's less expensive twin, the Walther PPQ.

I agree, they cost alot but I got mine pretty cheap as I got a usp40 at the same time. and yeah, you can buy a lot of ammo for that extra cost but I thought the quality and the fact that the p30 fit my hand almost perfectly it was worth the extra cost.

I was amazed reading the posts. The HK was favored 5 to 1.

who are these e-tards? the 229 is the greatest gun ever assembled 106wzft.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads