JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Dad, who quit smoking at 73, told me that if he knew he was for certain going to die at a particular day/time, the 1st thing he would do is light up a cigarette.........

He died at 83, "smoke free", but had emphysema......

Heart attack in bed at home in the middle of the night...............:D:D:D

The only thing better than that (for ME) would be if it were in the woods, right after firing as string from my 1911.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm looking forward to being able to legally buy a Cuban cigar and enjoy it.
They are good, if you get the genuine article! Cuban cigars were at one time the most counterfeited item in the world. I've had some that were labeled as Cuban but were awful, no way they were genuine.

Try a Honduran or Nicaraguan made as they are very similar to Cubans in flavor.

Yep , most the big manufacturers have left Cuba along with the Cuban seeds to plant elsewhere. Cubans are pretty much just a novelty anymore as far as quality.

Anyone can quite smoking, it takes a man to face up to cancer.

My Dad, who quit smoking at 73, told me that if he knew he was for certain going to die at a particular day/time, the 1st thing he would do is light up a cigarette.........

He died at 83, "smoke free", but had emphysema......

Heart attack in bed at home in the middle of the night...............:D:D:D

The only thing better than that (for ME) would be if it were in the woods, right after firing as string from my 1911.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"We come into this world blind, naked screaming and covered in blood. And if you play your cards right, you can leave the same way." :D

Disclaimer: NOT my plan. ;)

"I understand your sarcasm in the Cancer quote.......:D:D:D:D:D:D"

A guy I used to work with would always say that when you'd tell him he needed to quit. It just kinda stuck in my head through the years.

Just a matter of time until someone wants me to stop with the BBQ cause they don't want to smell the smoke. Or they want me to get rid of the lawn mower cause of too much noise. Just not sure when folkes became so self important that they can't put up with the life of others.:D

Yeah its already there. The world seems to be flooded with the Me only crowd now.
Had a really weird thing happen today though. Was waiting on hwy43 to make a left turn when the rush hour was coming out of Portland and someone actually braked and stopped the traffic and waved us through. That happens about one out of a thousand people anymore LOL.
The Barbecue, the fireplace and woodstove Nazis are already out there.
It is like the people that walk through a parking garage that is closed in with cars running all over and carbon monoxide as thick as fog and they bioitch about someone stuck into a smoking area and feign misery at having to walk by it. When we smoked we used to crack up at that one.

Yeah its already there. The world seems to be flooded with the Me only crowd now.
Had a really weird thing happen today though. Was waiting on hwy43 to make a left turn when the rush hour was coming out of Portland and someone actually braked and stopped the traffic and waved us through. That happens about one out of a thousand people anymore LOL.
The Barbecue, the fireplace and woodstove Nazis are already out there.
It is like the people that walk through a parking garage that is closed in with cars running all over and carbon monoxide as thick as fog and they bioitch about someone stuck into a smoking area and feign misery at having to walk by it. When we smoked we used to crack up at that one.

Deal I like most about shooting at the range is with ear protection I don't hear the whiners.:D I am thinking it's why people have turned to reading their phones rather than talking on them, it's easier not to listen. o_O

Deal I like most about shooting at the range is with ear protection I don't hear the whiners.:D I am thinking it's why people have turned to reading their phones rather than talking on them, it's easier not to listen. o_O

Yeah that is another thing.
If I want to get the attention or contact my grandkids and kids, I have to "text them" Grrrr
If they want to connect with me or get my attention they have to actually talk. :)

Yeah that is another thing.
If I want to get the attention or contact my grandkids and kids, I have to "text them" Grrrr
If they want to connect with me or get my attention they have to actually talk. :)

Yup, society sure has changed. Can't believe people would complain about cigar smoke at an outdoor shooting range but then it's turned into a nation of whiners.:D Think that generation can survive when the economy fails?o_O

Yup, society sure has changed. Can't believe people would complain about cigar smoke at an outdoor shooting range but then it's turned into a nation of whiners.:D Think that generation can survive when the economy fails?o_O

Going to be interesting for sure :D

:D I get it, if you make smoke it's all ok but " some folkes" are not allowed to. Ya better you stay where we can't bother you with our Gunsmoke or any other crepatation that may offend your nostrils.:s0140:

I just leaned a new word today! Hopefully I'll be able to slip it in to a post here sometime.

"Crepatation"

Thank You!

crep·i·ta·tion
ˌkrepəˈtāSHən/
noun
  1. a crackling or rattling sound.
    "pistollike crepitations"
    • MEDICINE
      a crackling sound made in breathing by a person with an inflamed lung, detected using a stethoscope.
    • ENTOMOLOGY
      the explosive ejection of irritant fluid from the abdomen of a bombardier beetle.

• Use to be a guy that came into the bar that smoked some big ol' dog rockets. They'd smell kind a good for the first 2/3 rds, then that thing sitting in the ash tray would take on a NASTY ammonia stench. Acck.

Cigars would be much preferred by me to be around for a number of reasons

1) They are probably no worse for you than rolling down your window on your way out of the house everyday and inhaling gas and diesel exhaust, rat and squirrel feces, pollen, vulcanized rubber, steel belt shavings, dust and other effluvia that is blown into the air by the wind or the multitude of landscapers who are blowing it about with their leaf blowers in your neighborhood.

2) People that smoke them have decided that they are not getting on the bullet train to Pussy-ville. I would rather hang out with those people anyway.

and finally, given a long enough time line, everyone's survival probability is zero. :s0033:

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

If you take offense to someone standing in the open enjoying a cigar with friends, you have way more troubling issues that probably can't be solved here. For temporary relief, try standing up wind, breathing deeply, closing your eyes and humming. The cigar boys won't bother you anymore...........Guaranteed.

Wow! Can't believe the original post got so lathered up....lol...love the smell of gun exhaust....love the smell of chainsaw fuel on my clothes after a log cutting session. too. Don't care if others smoke. It's their lungs/body. But tobacco smoke sure stinks! Calmed a lot of nerves in the jungle. :cool:

I just leaned a new word today! Hopefully I'll be able to slip it in to a post here sometime.

"Crepatation"

Thank You!

crep·i·ta·tion
ˌkrepəˈtāSHən/
noun
  1. a crackling or rattling sound.
    "pistollike crepitations"
    • MEDICINE
      a crackling sound made in breathing by a person with an inflamed lung, detected using a stethoscope.
    • ENTOMOLOGY
      the explosive ejection of irritant fluid from the abdomen of a bombardier beetle.

• Use to be a guy that came into the bar that smoked some big ol' dog rockets. They'd smell kind a good for the first 2/3 rds, then that thing sitting in the ash tray would take on a NASTY ammonia stench. Acck.

Might look up "barking spiders" same same.:D

Via Glenn Reynolds:

"I'M INCREASINGLY IN FAVOR OF BACKYARD TARRING-AND-FEATHERINGS THAT TARGET THE EPA: Backyard burger and wiener roasts targeted by EPA.

Their budget is obviously too big.

But I'm not the only one feeling the spirit of rebellion here: Lawmaker calls for a rebellion against EPA pollution emissions for backyard barbecues. "'The idea that the EPA wants to find their way into our back yards, where we're congregating with our neighbors, having a good time, on the 4th of July, barbecuing pork steak or hamburgers, is ridiculous and it's emblematic of agency that's sort of out of control,' Schmitt said." "

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/203761/

For those of you down in the new Kalifornia (Grants Pass-Medford-surrounding area)
can you even have a wood fire?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads