So, I am interested in getting back into trap/skeet, and maybe sporting clays if I can find an opportunity for the latter in the general area. My thinking is to acquire a basic, decent quality over/under type. If I stick with the sports again, upgrade to something nicer. If not, not. (After all, the last couple years have been more than a trifle chaotic; 2019 the most delightfully gonzo fun variety, while 2020 the stuff of nightmares. But I digress. Honk-honk.)

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good, basic 12 or 20-gauge over/under that would fit the bill for the present? Parenthetically, I will be driving around various parts of southern and coastal Oregon in the coming days, so can stop at various vendors whilst doing so.

Thanks. :D

Lesliet

Reactions
OK, the 101 seems to often go for around $900 to 1k, so it might be a good choice for something that holds its value. Even the Citoris are usually around 2500-2800. If you have any local trap clubs, you might visit and chat with members, there are often some very nice over/under shotguns for sale at clubs, especially at matches.

Soren

Reactions
TriStar makes a decent entry level Over/Under (I'm happy with the one I have). They run about $600 or so. I have a friend that swears by SKB, but they run between $1,200 and $2,000 depending on what model you pick up.

Reactions
I know it might not be in your back yard but a second vote for Mid-Valley. They have a good selection of sporting shotguns and rentals to try out as well. They also have trap, skeet, sporting clays and five stand so you can play what you want there. (Closed Mon-Tues) I picked up a used Remington 3200 a few years back.

With that kind of budget, a person could get into a really nice O/U and be plenty proud! Fausti make wonderful shotguns, and of course, there is Beretta. Most of the decent Italian shotguns can be found in this price range as well. For American Made, a Ruger Red Label, Browning Citori, Remington Premiere/Peerless, Winchesters all would serve you well!

I have a Remmy Peerless, and it's absolutely flawless, back when Remmy were at the very top of their game and it's a prized firearm in my safe!

turq

Reactions
Third vote for Mid-Valley ...
I was looking at the Semi Auto Beretta so I ignored the O/U guns Im sure the were some REALLY nice ones there. They will let you step outside and try it.
I was into the Beretta Kick-Off system on their semi autos.
Worth the trip

Reactions
A Browning superposed, maybe. Well balanced, not too heavy. A Holland and Holland ( if you have an extra 20k not doing nothing, and a few years to wait) just kidding. Maybe a miroku, but I always felt they were a bit heavy and clunky. A Winchester 101. Always found the 682-686 Beretta to be pretty nice.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom