JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where near Oregon City out in the woods like say old rock quarries or areas with a berm at least 200 yards to go shoot weapons without having to belong to a rod & gun club with access by BLM or Forest service roads? Picture is an example of type of location.

TARGET.JPG

You would probably have to go towards estacada or something.
Haven't been out that way much other than to hit the golf course.

But you really have to go deep to get away from homes and people.

It seems like the goal here is to do it illegally when you phrase it like that as the public lands many use for shooting don't charge any fees to begin with so....the most convenient way to break the law since you're already out in Oregon City would simply be to start shooting in your bedroom or backyard. It's still your responsibility to use general safety and a proper backstop. If you don't see the sarcasm, please don't do any of the above for any reason whatsoever.

Either way, no one on this forum in their right mind is going to suggest you go shoot illegally nor help you poach game. Simply asking is going to bend some people rightly out-of-shape as this is OUR hobby and rights you're putting on the line.

It seems like the goal here is to do it illegally when you phrase it like that as the public lands many use for shooting don't charge any fees to begin with so....the most convenient way to break the law since you're already out in Oregon City would simply be to start shooting in your bedroom or backyard. It's still your responsibility to use general safety and a proper backstop. If you don't see the sarcasm, please don't do any of the above for any reason whatsoever.

Either way, no one on this forum in their right mind is going to suggest you go shoot illegally nor help you poach game. Simply asking is going to bend some people rightly out-of-shape as this is OUR hobby and rights you're putting on the line.
Apparently your taking statement as the truth not as to actually doing it. I work with law enforcement if you had read my intro to group.

Problem is, much of the land around you is Weyerhauser or others like them that specifically ban target shooting. Basically you're looking for BLM Land. I used to go up to Sawtell Mtn, SE of Molalla, but last time I was there I saw newly placed signs "no target shooting." You might also look at the woods up past Colton.

Problem is, much of the land around you is Weyerhauser or others like them that specifically ban target shooting. Basically you're looking for BLM Land. I used to go up to Sawtell Mtn, SE of Molalla, but last time I was there I saw newly placed signs "no target shooting." You might also look at the woods up past Colton.
Thanks, will look up in those areas. The Forest Service nor BLM will post legal signs, only Weyerhauser does that even down near Noti off highway 126 0r off Poodle Creek Rd by highway 36

The best way to find out is to ask the local Forest Service Rangers. We saw signs posted "No Target Shooting" at the access road to our favorite spot pass Timber. I stopped by the Forest Grove Ranger Station and got clarifying information. Maybe Estacada Ranger Station would be able to help out.

I spoke with an OSP wildlife officer and a BLM guy about 3 months ago. If you head up the Molalla River Corridor, most days you have no issues shooting up there. Thats where I normally go. I go as far up as I can and then hike up a logging road as told by OSP.

Years ago when I lived outside of Sandy we used to head up the clackamas river upstream from Estacada.
As said before, check with local forest service offices. And 'google' earth can be invaluable also.
North fork of the clackamas comes to mind, but this was 45 years ago and lots of changes since then I'm sure.
There are slobs everywhere you go these days that can and do ruin it for all, lead by example and take out more than you take in please, and be aware of safety always.
Not all that shoot firearms in some of these areas are bestowed with an abundance of common sence
As a side note, welcome to NWFA!
It really is a good group of folks with a wealth of information, even if we seem a little crusty at first.
SRJ.

Outlaws do not pay at a location to shoot, like poaching game, you do not pay to hunt...lol

We live in America, where we do not have to pay to shoot in the woods. The spot I go to has a very nice backstop and a lot of people use it, but some days you can go there and never get bugged. I've bulchitted with OSP up there on many occasions and they confirmed that it is perfectly legal to shoot there. Like others have said, make sure you leave it cleaner than when you got there. What I bring out there always goes home with me. Make a simple target stand and don't bring garbage out there and leave it. That is one of my biggest pet peeves!!!

003-16.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads