Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Other states that accept Oregon Concealed Handgun License are

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Benny503, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I just recieved my renew concealed carry license today. It come with a letter that tittle "notice to concealed handgun license holder"
    They listed restricted federal and states place that doesnt permit firearms.

The best is that they list the states that accept OR concealed carry are:

Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, S. Dakota, Tennessee, Utah and Vermont.

2. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

That is cool..... I didn't know that and it sucks Washington State doesn't.

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And it also sucks that OR doesn't accept WA so that's why I have to get both!

4. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

5. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Personally, I think states who won't recognize anyone else's SHOULDN'T have theirs recognized anywhere else, except the Universal Recognition or Constitutional Carry states.

6. Benny503

I did scan it and have that letter back upmin my hard drive:) laminated the original letter as a proof if I ever need it in the future. Hope I dont have to use it, but if I use it then that would be the last thing on my mind :) concelaed till my life or my loves fee life threatening :)

7. Benny503

I reread the letter and it said we can not carry it on airport properties. That is not truth because few years ago OFF beated up Portland Airport to allow concealed carry on their properties but not at the check in location.

8. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

The letter by itself is *NOT* a legally-enforceable document. Laws can change. Your sheriff might be wrong (see Benny's comment about the airport.) I wouldn't count on that letter being *ANY* help in any legal defense.

9. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

The problem is OR not WA. WA law says that they will recognize those states that recognize ours, and restrict licenses to 21 and over. RCW 9.41.073

As OR will not recognize WA, then, by our law, WA cannot recognize OR. Better place for CC information is: Handgunlaw.us

Asp and (deleted member) like this.
  10. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

Your correct, and, i think there was a posting about this some time ago on this site.