JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another irresponsible gun owner. The gun will be to blame not the person. The left is a threat to the 2A but irresponsible idiots who carry firearms don't help the cause either. I hope the child lives. Just cause it's a right doesn't mean you should carry and be incompetent. I'll catch flack for my last statement. I don't care.

This happened one block from my house. I have no more details than what hit the news. Absolutely heartbreaking. I am a father and a hunter ed instructor, and I cannot imag the what this family is going through. Prayers to all involved.

I will humbly assume that the father feel's so bad, that any punishment or words will not elevate the level of pain he feels inside concerning this accident.

I am curious was he new gun owner or what? What did he do shoot his son in the head? Dropped the magazine from the pistol but forgot to eject the round from the chamber? Common sense is you never point firearm at anyone unless you plan on using it.

Really Sad :(:(:(.

The boy died, father arrested.

I'm glad he was arrested. I'm sure he is killing himself inside but that is child neglect and manslaughter. Jail will be nothing compared to what he has to live with his entire life. And he had a stolen firearm..... quality parent. The effect is a young innocent child is no longer alive. Actions have consequences.

How does this stuff happen ?

:(
It's our right to own and carry firearms. Training rarely follows. Or someone has been around/handled firearms for such an extended period of time that they become complacent and loose the respect for firearms.

It's our right to own and carry firearms. Training rarely follows. Or someone has been around/handled firearms for such an extended period of time that they become complacent and loose the respect for firearms.

It was just reported on local news that the father was also charged with "alien in possession of a firearm" and "possession of stolen firearm".

So dad's a scumbag and the kid pays the price.

It was just reported on local news that the father was also charged with "alien in possession of a firearm" and "possession of stolen firearm".

So dad's a scumbag and the kid pays the price.
My quote above that said that exact same thing.

I go to Othello every week.
It's a small town where they make french fries.
Basically half or more are hispanic.
The fact that he was a illegal alian with a stolen gun does not surprise me.
Fact is we all should prepare for more of this stuff.
The borders are basically open now.
These small towns we never hear about but.
These small towns have huge drug and gang problems

Moses lake . Othello . Yakima.
Have gang drug or what ever shootings every day or multiple times a week.
But we never hear about it.
THANKS JAY INSLEE AND THANKS JOE.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews