JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Traded in my 2008 Chevy pick up for a new 2018 GMC truck. Gotta keep up with the Jones's in the contracting business. As of the first of the year there is a new sales tax for new vehicles, that is .005 (half of one percent) of purchase price. Of course, this tax is levied against the dealership, whom passes it on to the purchaser. In my case over $200!
Kind of slick how the Oregon legislature did this one. Dealer charges you for the tax... not the State. Ferchrisakes! When will this state get their spending under control! Oh yes. Now I have to pay more income tax too, because the state doesn't want me to have a Trump Tax deduction. Bastards!

Traded in my 2008 Chevy pick up for a new 2018 GMC truck. Gotta keep up with the Jones's in the contracting business. As of the first of the year there is a new sales tax for new vehicles, that is .005 (half of one percent) of purchase price. Of course, this tax is levied against the dealership, whom passes it on to the purchaser. In my case over $200!
Kind of slick how the Oregon legislature did this one. Dealer charges you for the tax... not the State. Ferchrisakes! When will this state get their spending under control! Oh yes. Now I have to pay more income tax too, because the state doesn't want me to have a Trump Tax deduction. Bastards!

Exactly. Bastards.
Hey Kate Brown...SUCK IT

So they add the $200 to your contract, how much intrest will you pay on that $200 before the rig is paid for? Democrats love to tax folks, look up what the tax is on an RV now.

Oregon will do everything it can to get your tax cut Trump gave you, they don't want a middle class in oregon. Now that we are a sanctuary state we need to pay more taxes to keep it going. How will those folks vote on your gun rights?

They will not walk away from the sell over 200. Especially on a 18 when the 19s are already coming on the lot. If they say no, go to the next dealership. Dealerships sales are down for the first time in 8 years.

Then go buy it in Washington and avoid their sales tax by waiving your State ID! Doubt they collect Oregon tax and send it over just like we don't charge washington residents sales tax. Find a way around it.

When I bought my new car last February I paid the "privilege tax" since it's passed through by the dealer. In reality it is a sales tax but the legislature didn't have the courage to call it that. The tax is on the dealer and it is for the "privilege" of being able to sell cars in the state of Oregon. Like all taxes it gets passed on to the consumer by business.

I asked the dealer why not just call it a sales tax on the sales invoice, he replied that the state prohibits them from doing so.

In case yall missed it on the news or social media, effective July 1 there is a new payroll tax in Oregon that employees will will pay. It is a transportation tax that is $ 1 per thousand dollars of wages. So if you make 50K, you pay an additional $ 50 in taxes this year. If you make $ 150K, then you pay $ 150.

The employer has to pay this tax with the quarterlies and withhold it. Thanks to you state azzholes for creating another tax and administrative function and line item that I now need to add to our payroll, plus send out an explanation with the next payroll run.

But hell, you all don't mind do you ?? After all it is for the roads.

They will never get it under control .
Seattle spent a billion dollars last year on homeless drug addicts .and there is nothing to show for it .they want more and more and more .they tried The head tax but that back fired on them .so now they're trying other things .IT NEVER ENDS

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top