JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Stomper, stop blaming an inanimate object for your mothers poor decision making. Based on the activities she was involved in I highly doubt they were just smoking pot. As for the so called "wicked" right hook, your thinly veiled attempt at intimidation falls flat.

Either way, I'm voting yes on this bill.

Ah, democracy.

Last Edited:
college intellectuals are some of the STUPIDEST people I know
That they are STILL smoking weed proves their stupidity. It doesn't take college to be an 'intellectual' and I consider the non college educated person who does NOT smoke weed to be the GREATER intellectual.

So long as 91 doesn't restrict/prohibit the ownership of firearms, then I say "yes." Personally, I don't use marijuana, but I don't use alcohol either. However, who am I to say that someone shouldn't be allowed to use marijuana or alcoholic products?

Regarding this thread, it wasn't created for the sake of arguing whether 91 should pass, or not. Rather, it was created because I am concerned for whether the language in the proposed measure will restrict/prohibit the ownership of firearms.
:s0112:Funny how these threads take on a life of their own! I think I'm voting yes for the same reasons as you are plus a couple of other reasons already stated.

The only Firearms related thing about this bill would be that after it's a done deal, the Gun people who vote in candidates with Marijuana as their main priority will perhaps now be free to focus on candidates who are 2nd Amendment advocates!

Ah, democracy.
You mean the democratic process of a constitutional republic?

As for my previous comment; I was not calling out anyone in particular so don't get your panties in a bunch. :p

My comment was more general. Your (non-specific meaning) arguments may have validity but the way in which they are presented roughly parallel the pro and anti gun debates. If you think this applies to you then you should look at your arguments and sharpen them up a little.

My personal view on the matter is that the specific section referred to by the OP very readily seems to suggest that the supporters of the initiative want people to think that violence involving firearms due to illicit drug activities may decrease due to marijuana's legalization. This may be true, but how else can that section be interpreted later? Now consider that the Fed can still deny your Right to bear arms for messing around with drugs they currently have in disfavor.

Not attempting to be confrontational and actually am interested to see where the discussion leads, but a more fitting way to phrase that particular sentence would have been to say I know people from all walks of life that smoke, some of them being college educated and very intelligent, some neither of those, and many in the middle. I dont personally smoke, but I just think its time to address the elephant in the room. We all see the pipe stores and dispensaries in this part of the country. There are benefits to this law passing if you are willing to be a little more open. Oregon and several other states have been toying with this for awhile, and I think WA and CO are proving it can be done.

Mmmmmm.... Condescension, my favorite!

Tell that to my burned out mother who can barely remember where the hell she's at half the time. She used to grow her own when I was a kid, and it wasn't uncommon for me to come home to her and her stoner hippie friends gettin' high in the living room, zonin' out for hours and hours, listening to music, contemplating the "mysteries of the universe" in a cloud of smoke.

Hell, she even gave me my first hash pipe at the tender age of 12, skippy. I eventually woke up that I was starting to go no where, and wanted more than "zonin' out"... and gave that pipe back to her.

Admittedly, genetics play a role in mental and physical effects, and addiction tendencies, but as for your friends... college intellectuals are some of the STUPIDEST people I know, and the proof is... They're running the country, and look how well THAT'S working out. :rolleyes:

FYI- I have a 147 IQ and a wicked right hook, so suck it. o_O

HOO RAH Love you analogy.
I remember so many friends that went the route too. Most landed on their azzes and lots of time bruises.
Memory is not the only thing they ended up losing.
I grew up in the middle of it all too.
First thing advocates do is justify everything about it, so they can relieve their feeling of weakness or guilt, but regardless of the reason it does zero good, except the single use for aiding nausea in Cancer- chemo patients. I find it unbelievable people want to numb their brains. I don't particularly like alcohol either, although I like a beer now and again. The things all of it does to a person is escapist in nature and why escape from all the things in life.??? Either enjoy them, ignore them or fix them, but escape from them ???
I'll keep my reflexes and responses intact and what's left of my memory too :) I want those responses to dodge the stoned out idiot driving down the center line of the road at 15 miles an hr in a 55 mph zone.
NOT-LOL

The misconceptions about marijuana in this thread are truly astounding. I wont say much else except some of you have been watching too many movies.
And some of us spent way too many years wasting money, time and life smoking it.

Don't get all holier-than-thou about smoking dope with me.
If you want to have a discussion about just how bad pot can affect you, stop smoking it for 10 years first, and then we'll talk.

Until then, the impairment it provides impairs the ability to judge exactly what it's doing to you.
I speak from experience. Roughly 15 years worth of experience.

I find it ironic that many of the arguments in this thread roughly mirror the pro and anti gun arguments. Some from surprising sources.
Sorry, but impairment has never protected me, my family or my home.
Stopping someone from living their life impaired, driving impaired, raising their kids impaired etc., has absolutely nothing to do with one's rights under the laws of the land and the creator, to protect oneself.

Last Edited:
I never said it should be criminalized, but it shouldn't be "legalized", either.

Best comment yet ! Exactly.
Police do not waste resources on it now, so nothing would change. They put their efforts on meth and hard drugs, and the MJ incidents are coincidental for the most part, so that argument is a joke. They will still grow the crap in our national forests and sell it to states that are still illegal in. Crime does not surround pot like it does meth and harder drugs. Meth is the biggest problem out there.
Nothing justifies legalizing pot in that regard. Even if legal in a state it still breaks federal law, so its pointless and is very ignorant to think it makes it all ok. Look at the gun forms and the question about drugs. Then when the feds decide to mess with you, for buying and using something that breaks federal law they will get you for lying on a gov form when you state you don't use it. Don't you see what they are doing ?????????????/
Maybe too much smoked already if that is true.

Inhale
Hold
Exhale
Slight Cough

OK, I'M READY!

Smoking Pot does not really make you stupider' than others.
Just ask my X-friend who lost 2 houses, wife,kid etc BECAUSE of it.....Just POT!

Ask my X-GF from years ago.....

She said to me; " Pot makes you stupid".

She said this about 6 months after losing the last of an inheritance of over $1,000,000o_Oo_O

:rolleyes:

NoFlinch, clearly your trust fund baby of a friend was already stupid and lacked money management skills. Your assumptions of the effects of weed are astounding, and all the REAL LIFE experiences, and objective observations presented are delusional lies, because it doesn't fit within the paradigm of weakness that so many in this country are running towards at breakneck speed.

Please be one of the hip, cool, open minded people and stop watching all the anti-drug propaganda. (This message brought to you by pencil necked college educated intellectuals) :rolleyes:

:s0112:Funny how these threads take on a life of their own! I think I'm voting yes for the same reasons as you are plus a couple of other reasons already stated.

The only Firearms related thing about this bill would be that after it's a done deal, the Gun people who vote in candidates with Marijuana as their main priority will perhaps now be free to focus on candidates who are 2nd Amendment advocates!

That's easy for YOU to say, your avatar has a gas mask!

Either way, I'm voting yes on this bill.

Ah, democracy.

I find it Ironic that someone says that when in essence they are selling out that very democracy while the
left in Gov sits back and wrings their hands and laughs in their soundproof mansions and castles.
You enslave yourselves, so blame no others.

NoFlinch, .......bla, bla, bla....... intellectuals) :rolleyes:

Hey!
U sayin' I dated dumb girls?:)

I honestly do not understand your direct comments to me, not that it matters.

But, I don't disagree with everything you say, nor many of your opinions.
I just don't like them enough to "Like" them:)

I am only quoting from personal experiences.

And as I and someone else (speak up) said (in so many words);

Pot smokers who have had their decision making abilities affected in a negative way by the effects of Pot USUALLY don't even know they have been affected........

In fact, many think their abilities have been VERY positively affected:confused:

I've seen it a lot, as I am sure others have.

I try to surround myself with people I can learn from and respect.

REGULAR, MODERATE to HEAVY pot smokers are not my choice.

Wana' take a hit once in a while, I CONCUR.

Have a REAL medical need, I'll drive you to pick it up.:)

Want to get high all the time to escape reality, sorry.

I like to KNOW my friends and acquaintances, and when you're stoned, you AIN'T REAL....:cool:

Vote No:)

I was actually speaking to the person you quoted and were speaking to in that post, but I was doing it by speaking to you by quoting your (excellent) post (that I liked well enough to "like") and inserting their phraseology and attitude in order to make a point.... Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like an "above it all" stoned intellectual college grad now. :rolleyes:

PS- about those "likes"... It's OK, I seem to have PLENTY.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top