JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, if you want to keep making blanket statements about "lefties" then you DON'T know what you are talking about and you DON'T make sense! There are all kinds of different "lefties" and trying to lump them all together as if they all believed the same things on the same issues is simply deluded arrogance. Especially on firearm freedom issues "lefty" principles are all over the spectrum. You may have met a few dummies, but that is no sound cause to assume ALL are fools on firearm issues. I have associated with "lefties" all of my life and estimate about seventy percent of men and forty percent of women see firearm freedom as an essential right and need. Decades ago I was aquainted with the State Chairman of the Communist Party of Oregon---he was a fervent Life Member of the National Rifle Association, and avid hunter, and an enthusiastic reloader. Does that shake up your stereotype of a "lefty" a little bit? Blanket stereotypes that PUSH PATRIOTS APART instead of uniting them for firearm freedom efforts are simply wrong and counterproductive..........................elsullo

OK, I'll bite.
Personal experience with "Lefties" who unequivocally support 2nd Amendment--None.
Short List of Politicians self described as "Left" who earned the Brady Center 100% rating--McCarthy, Schumer, Kennedy, Waters, Lautenberg, Boxer, Levin, Pelosi, Waxman, Lofgren, etc.
Full list of Politicians self described as "Right" who earned the Brady Center 100% rating-- N/A

So I would say NO my stereotypical view of Left/Right politics is not shakened. Your anecdote while informative is a statistical outrider. I will not estimate numbers but will stick with the statement that the normal distribution curve for those self-described as "Right/Conservative" falls substantially closer to the full firearms freedom end of the spectrum while those self-described as "Left/Progressive" fall substantially closer to the Heavy Regulated end of that same spectrum.

I use the term substantially to describe a state of statistical and measureable difference in the populations sampled. Brady Center is code the The Brady Campaign to Stop Gun Violence, formerly known as HCI, Handgun Control Inc.

If you want to debate this, great. The thread should be split off and the discussion can continue.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top