JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As an Oregonian ,what's the process if I wanted to buy or trade a firearm from someone in Washington ??

Do we meet at a Oregon , or a Washington FFL ?

What kind of fees are involved ?

Is the process or fees different for a longgun vs handgun ?

Thanks for any insight

As an Oregonian ,what's the process if I wanted to buy or trade a firearm from someone in Washington ??

Do we meet at a Oregon , or a Washington FFL ?

What kind of fees are involved ?

Is the process or fees different for a longgun vs handgun ?

Thanks for any insight
So whoever the buyer is between you two, just pick an FFL in the buyers state to cut any none sense out and be done with it. Any FFL from Oregon or Washington can put a firearm from either of you in their books, then do the 4473.

I live in Oregon, and I have purchased a handgun from a seller in Washington.

This is how we did it:

He met me at my FFL in Beaverton, FFL did the BCG on me, filled out the forms, fingerprints etc, etc.

Once cleared on BCG, I gave seller the money, gave the FFL the transfer and bcg fee, and walked out with my handgun.

If you meet the seller in Washington, the FFL there will have to ship to your FFL here in Oregon, which incurs more cost for shipping, Oregon BCG, etc...

If you want it bad enough, it is worth doing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell......

If trading pistols: must meet in each state of residents to trade. Two separate transactions.

You must be in your state to transfer pistol to you, they must be in their state to transfer pistol to you.

It's a cluster.

If rifles, could do both transfers at one FFL, preferably Washington.

I'm not a lawyer and that's my understanding.

If trading pistols: must meet in each state of residents to trade. Two separate transactions.

You must be in your state to transfer pistol to you, they must be in their state to transfer pistol to you.

It's a cluster.

If rifles, could do both transfers at one FFL, preferably Washington.

I'm not a lawyer and that's my understanding.
Better to go your way. At shows we would have a transfer dealer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top