JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/161691-oregon-action-week-02-06-14-tool-box-fighting-sb-1551-a.htmlAll,

During the closing of the hearings yesterday, Sen Prozinsky said that the committee would continue to receive written testimony until next week. You still have time to get input in! Don't let the gun-control advocates spend the weekend trickling in testimony till they take the lead!

If you didn't quite have enough time yet to get something in, or if your snowed inside today and are vegging in front of the TV, take 5-10 minutes to write something.
  • Use the OFF news letter, or go to their facebook page for inspiration
  • Look at the comments and links here in this forum
  • Oregon live has some recent gun-control articles with good comments to draw on.
  • Here are the instructions (#3) for sending it in. Write it up, save as a PDF (with the correct salutations), and email it to [email protected], with the header "SB-1551 written testimony"

Don't make excuses that the bill is already dead. Even if it is, we need to make it a third-rail that no politician wants to touch.
"But my testimony won't matter". A single grain of sand can seem insignificant. Ever pick up a 50-lb bag of sand? It's heavy! You can help us keep that bag of sand full and fling it at the politicians so they DO notice!

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/161691-oregon-action-week-02-06-14-tool-box-fighting-sb-1551-a.htmlAll,

During the closing of the hearings yesterday, Sen Prozinsky said that the committee would continue to receive written testimony until next week. You still have time to get input in! Don't let the gun-control advocates spend the weekend trickling in testimony till they take the lead!

If you didn't quite have enough time yet to get something in, or if your snowed inside today and are vegging in front of the TV, take 5-10 minutes to write something.
  • Use the OFF news letter, or go to their facebook page for inspiration
  • Look at the comments and links here in this forum
  • Oregon live has some recent gun-control articles with good comments to draw on.
  • Here are the instructions (#3) for sending it in. Write it up, save as a PDF (with the correct salutations), and email it to [email protected], with the header "SB-1551 written testimony"

Don't make excuses that the bill is already dead. Even if it is, we need to make it a third-rail that no politician wants to touch.
"But my testimony won't matter". A single grain of sand can seem insignificant. Ever pick up a 50-lb bag of sand? It's heavy! You can help us keep that bag of sand full and fling it at the politicians so they DO notice!

Done:

I am a resident of Oregon. I do NOT support SB1551. There is no need for the state to know what make, model, or serial number is associated with a firearm a person is buying in oder to complete a background check. This applies to any proposed system for background checks for firearm sales from one private individual to another. Licensed dealers must report such information for record keeping purposes pertaining to their licenses, but no such requirement exists for private individuals, nor should it.

I would support a system of background checks that either issued an ID card to prospective buyers with no background issues, or (even better) provided an endorsement visible on a drivers license. Currently, most individuals completing private sales want to see a drivers license to verify that they are not selling across state lines, and many of them also require a CHL, which shows that the buyer is not a felon, or otherwise disqualified. A firearms buyer ID card, coupled with a legal requirement to obtain the buyer's ID card or drivers license number would simplify private sales and ensure public safety, without a massive new record keeping system amounting to de facto gun registration. SB1551 is a bad idea. It would discourage compliance by complicating the sales process and making it more expensive to purchase a firearm with a background check for each sale.

Lets just tell them quite pussy footing around and do a full blown gun registry. The public will see the real thread instead of these lying libs doing the distraction by a thousand cuts. Their bs will be stopped at the utopia border. Go ahead and put it to a vote

A tidal wave of support for the Second Amendment here can achieve the following:
  • Let the good guys in the State Legislature know they have our support
  • Let the gun grabbers know that we are up for a fight and willing to finish it
  • Help to prevent the gun grabbers from introducing additional legislation

The grain of sand is how they work. We need to draw the line and send them packing.

Which of these crackpots is up for election this year?
Do they have an in-party opponent that supports the 2A and needs our support to defeat them in the Primaries?
Who in the opposing party needs our support this year?

Senator Close of district 8 said she just filed for re-election. She has not shown one bit of the stereotypical political b.s., at least to my knowledge. She has my vote, but she may be in for a tough fight against Rep Sara Gelser.

Senator Close of district 8 said she just filed for re-election. She has not shown one bit of the stereotypical political b.s., at least to my knowledge. She has my vote, but she may be in for a tough fight against Rep Sara Gelser.

If she is pro-2A then why don't we all use our Oregon political contribution tax credit ($100 for a married couple) to support her campaign?

She is pro 2A and she is the co-chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee. She was the one who asked Mark Giffords if his wife's assailant had passed a background check when he testified on SB 1551 yesterday.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top