JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So this is what I got from my cousin in Wisconsin. As noted he is very conservative, a Trumper, etc, and is very active in heh political process.

" I'm not into conspiracy theories or any of the nutcase stuff that keeps flying around. There were no Dominion machines flipping votes, nor truck loads of ballots delivered in the night. It was slow methodical vote harvesting in every county and city."

So this is what I got from my cousin in Wisconsin. As noted he is very conservative, a Trumper, etc, and is very active in heh political process.

" I'm not into conspiracy theories or any of the nutcase stuff that keeps flying around. There were no Dominion machines flipping votes, nor truck loads of ballots delivered in the night. It was slow methodical vote harvesting in every county and city."
He sounds a lot like you.:s0112:

As a functioning alcoholic I take issue with their recommendation to privatize liquor sales. I keep pretty close tabs on costs in other states, especially neighboring ones, and Oregon is very competitive or a better deal than some places. Also, an advantage of OLCC rules is liquor costs the same everywhere - I'll take that over being gouged by stores in out of the way places.
Liquor prices may be cheaper where you are, but here in Brookings Oregon, the OLCC store is much higher than a privately owned liquor store about 8 miles south of us in California, including sales tax. Personally, I don't drink hard liquor, but friends do. Vino is less there also.

Liquor prices may be cheaper where you are, but here in Brookings Oregon, the OLCC store is much higher than a privately owned liquor store about 8 miles south of us in California, including sales tax. Personally, I don't drink hard liquor, but friends do. Vino is less there also.
Yeah, California prices are way different than Washington prices.

I am sure this is a result of all that smart people in the big cities in Oregon that voted in these outstanding and freedom loving legislators. Obviously, these big city voters make the correct voting decisions and as a result the state of Oregon is utopia.

This quote is from the attached link. It is talking about personal cars and our choices. I have highlighted one line red.

There are those who can't stand that you can get into your privately-owned vehicle at any time of the day or night and drive virtually anywhere you please. These budding authoritarians view that and all other forms of personal freedom as threats to their power. That's how big I think this fight really is, because it's ultimately not about muscle cars and their V8 engines.

This website should say "on paper" because Im in the 2nd worst state in America for "freeness" there sure are a lot of laws that say we cant have freedoms but many people just ignore these.

For example, it takes about 2 years to get a building permit here and that's after the bribes despite the fact that the FBI keeps arresting the housing authority people for demanding bribes.

So no one cares and just builds without permits. And because everyone builds without permits mortgages still are available for houses without permits because that's just the way it is.

So attempts to tighten the grips just leads to more starsystems slipping through their fingers...

EEAAE40D-E6A5-4671-8E95-66F6114F73DA.jpeg

No one has a gun pointed at your head.. except in oregon if you want the option to pump your own gas..
WHY do they have that law in Oregon? What YEAR did they make it a law?

Was it to keep jobs - people working or do they think that a person is too stupid to put fuel in their own truck or car? Are they concerned about fuel spills?

Curious Cate

1951 is when they decided to stop self-service
Wow! 1951!

What was their reason for doing this?

Did most of the Oregon citizens vote for this or did the politicians just SHOVE A LAW through and not allow any person to vote on this issue?

Thank you for the information on the date too.

Cate

Does Kate Brown know how far she has come up short of her goals being merely in the top 5 of authoritarian states?
Nah, too busy basking in the glow of being the nation's #1 most disliked governor:
On Nov. 18, Morning Consult, a national polling firm, reported that Brown's approval ratings were the lowest of any governor in the nation: 50th out of 50.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top