JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that really that surprising? Anytime a radical idea comes up in another state, OR legislators are like, "You have not seen anything, ze, xim, vey...Here, hold my soy non-dairy half chai latte and watch me do this..."

As a functioning alcoholic I take issue with their recommendation to privatize liquor sales. I keep pretty close tabs on costs in other states, especially neighboring ones, and Oregon is very competitive or a better deal than some places. Also, an advantage of OLCC rules is liquor costs the same everywhere - I'll take that over being gouged by stores in out of the way places.

30 years with one party rule and no way to vote them out, of course we have tyranny in Oregon.
Everything is up for grabs next election so if the Rs run someone that is articulate and sane and likeable I think they will have a decent chance. People everywhere are getting pretty fed up with things and IMO aren't willing to tow the party line as much as in the past.

Elections in Oregon are fixed and dems always will win.
Everything is up for grabs next election so if the Rs run someone that is articulate and sane and likeable I think they will have a decent chance. People everywhere are getting pretty fed up with things and IMO aren't willing to tow the party line as much as in the past.

Many of the freedom-loving people in my neighborhood who were in a position to do so are in the process of leaving, or have recently left Oregon. I've got one foot out the door, and I'd be completely gone too if I could find an equivalent job in a free state. Extrapolating, expect things to get continuously worse here. Too bad.

Last Edited:
We all have memories. Things will never be the "way they used to be". There's more people everywhere.
And that uses up resources. I'm saddened at the loss of many things that used to be. And I realize they
will never return. Were I to list the things I miss it would take pages. And I'm especially saddened at the
cultural changes that have happened to America. I can't bring it back but I can try and prepare for what's
left of my future and help my kids do the same. But it ain't gonna be good.

agree on the liquor thing - were pretty decent on cost. while i dont particularly like that the state usurps a monopoly on liquor, oregon booze is cheaper than washington's privatized/heavily taxed booze. in WA the price tags under the bottles look great, till you get to the cashier and those taxes get added

30 years of one party rule and never an outside audit, how much more do you need?
Surely the Republicans as well as the Democrats monitor elections. I know my cousin who is an operative in the Republican Party in Wisconsin has overseen many elections and recounts. Not criticizing or arguing - guess I don't know what you mean by an audit.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top