Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon Outdoor Council's Cougar Bill - HB2624A - Public Testimony Today

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by daiello91, May 22, 2013.

1. daiello91

daiello91 NW Oregon Active Member

Exceptional testimony by ODFW. I highly recommend everyone take a listen. I was proud to be an annual supporter of ODFW after their testimony today! We may not always agree with their management (I know I don't) but today was a good day for them for hunters.

Here is a downloadable audio file containing all the verbal testimony given today. It's 2 hours long.

Rep Clem & Rep Springer (Sponsors of the bill) start @ 0:6:15
    ODFW begins @ 0:23:30
    OOC & OHA Panel begins @ 0:56:16

In opposition was HSUS, Sierra Club & Predator Defense. As per usual the majority of their testimony was emotion based.

In support was OOC, OHA, RMEF, OUSDA, OBHA, OR FNAWS.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/listn/archive/archive.2013s/SENR-201305221500.ram

It's a link from the state of Oregon's legislative website, so it's a safe downloadable file.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'll listen to it but we need to get the state out of the 90's and off Realaudio.

3. daiello91

Haha, well we know the state likes to spend money so I'm sure they'd listen to a proposal to update their technology.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

You just delayed me from listening for a bit. Now I've got to figure out how to submit an egregiously bloated proposal to do this.

"Lobster doesn't grow on trees."

5. daiello91

:laugh: