JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, i won't ''lighten up'' when they found him, he had been attacked by yellow jackets, his tongue and mouth were in terrible shape, he had a heart attack soon after they were able to get him down. And, if you can read, he was put in a drug induced coma. He was in very serious condition. Where did you read that he was ''fine''?

No, i won't ''lighten up'' when they found him, he had been attacked by yellow jackets, his tongue and mouth were in terrible shape, he had a heart attack soon after they were able to get him down. And, if you can read, he was put in a drug induced coma. He was in very serious condition. Where did you read that he was ''fine''?

I don't know, I just read the linked story which indicated he was alert and talking. Didn't mention any of the details you did. If true that's too bad.

He was talking, and yelling, for help, he'd been there for all of one day. Some friends of mine were in the same area, his son came though their camp asking about him. He was in very, very bad shape when they finally got him down. They had a helicopter coming in to help with the rescue but, they didn't have the correct equipment on board to make an aerial rescue with. Which delayed the process of getting him down even more.

It's funny, but it isn't. The linked article never mentioned any of the other stuff, so now that additional information has been revealed that it's a serious life/health issue let's lower our blood-pressures just a bit and allow folks to change their perspective on this event.

Here's hoping for the dude's recovery, (not counting the yellowjacket attacks and all) two days hanging upside down would be a MAJOR migraine headache!! :eek:

I guess i'm one who takes life very seriously, having been almost killed several times. For me, it tends to make every breath very precious, and i'm just thankful to be here, for as long as i have been.

I guess i'm one who takes life very seriously, having been almost killed several times. For me, it tends to make every breath very precious, and i'm just thankful to be here, for as long as i have been.

I get it. I've almost bought the farm a few times myself, let alone still having an intact face (with a slightly scarred nose from shrapnel).... that's one reason I'm so "light hearted" about... everything, 'cuz after some of the sheite I've survived everything else is just a "cake walk... smothered in delicious gravy", but I too also appreciate the days I've had since then and the ones I've still got ahead of me.

:s0155:

It's funny, but it isn't. The linked article never mentioned any of the other stuff, so now that additional information has been revealed that it's a serious life/health issue let's lower our blood-pressures just a bit and allow folks to change their perspective on this event.

Here's hoping for the dude's recovery, (not counting the yellowjacket attacks and all) two days hanging upside down would be a MAJOR migraine headache!! :eek:
Actually hanging upside down causes trauma to the organs, and allows them to push against the lungs and the heart. That leads to breathing issues and heart arrhythmia complications. I think he's lucky to be alive, that two guys heard him calling out. Probably the only people in 10 miles of him. Should probably buy a lottery ticket when he gets better.

I at first found it very funny too. The link I read was so short on info I imagined the guy was fine and his buddies would never let him live it down. Now that it comes out that he was badly hurt it's of course anything but funny.
When I was young I got lost bird hunting one time. Made a few critical errors that made it far worse. The adults looking for me finally had to head out to get more gas and a phone. When they called my Dad he laughed. When they called him 8 hours later he was no longer laughing. This is a lot like that. Initial story does sound funny until you hear the guy was in really bad shape.

I at first found it very funny too. The link I read was so short on info I imagined the guy was fine and his buddies would never let him live it down. Now that it comes out that he was badly hurt it's of course anything but funny.
When I was young I got lost bird hunting one time. Made a few critical errors that made it far worse. The adults looking for me finally had to head out to get more gas and a phone. When they called my Dad he laughed. When they called him 8 hours later he was no longer laughing. This is a lot like that. Initial story does sound funny until you hear the guy was in really bad shape.
The media these days does not give enough intelligent information about any story they publish. Its just the bare facts, not really teaching anyone anything anymore. On its face it is kinda humorous but in reality anything but.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top