JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a post or FB post about 941 on their forum so I registered and posted the following:

There are quite a few problems with this bill.1st although I have a CHL (concealed handgun license) the back ground check that I passed is not honored for this bill. It is still valid as my license to carry has not been canceled. I will have to have a BGC for EACH firearm I purchase, even if within minutes of each other purchase.( current scenario)

Next is that there is NO penalty for the person that tries to buy a firearm without a background check as they cannot be prosecuted for failure to comply as it would violate their 5th amendment rights protecting them from self incrimination. Only the seller is prosecuted even if he sells to a person who would normally pass a back ground check.

Currently anyone may phone the State police for a background check and pay $10.00

after the bill becomes law you must appear at a licensed dealer with the buyer and pay what ever he charges--no limits in the law.

one side note is that a federal form 4473 must be filled out which asks if you have used illegal drugs--OK , no problem BUT if you use medical marijuana and say so you are not going to pass as it may be legal in Oregon, it is not federally. If you say no, you have committed a felony. (if you have used)

There are numerous statistics that reflect denied BGC but they are mostly false positives and only cause delays--sometimes for weeks.

Plus this idea that it will stop gun crime is not proven by the facts. Most all of the mass shootings have been done by those who passed a BGC or simply stole the weapon.

the majority of Sheriffs in Oregon have stated it will be impossible to enforce, 2/3 of the counties have voiced opposition to additional ineffective gun control.

Again the only person that will be affected is the law abiding citizen----criminals do not obey laws, thats what makes them criminals.

Seems to be well received

I used to frequent that forum quite a bit and still do on occasion. There have been some big pissing matches there about small things. Met a few good people there.

Just posted there about how i am against the bill. I have 400 plus posts on that forum so i think it will carry a bit more weight with some of the long time members.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top