1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Oregon Disabled Vets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vaderj, Aug 6, 2011.

1. vaderj

vaderj tanasbourne New Member

In case you didnt know and it applies to your situation :

Reference : Veteran Benefits Additional State Veteran Benefits and Programs

Oregon will provide all vets with an established disability rating, a free pass to all Oregon State Parks for both camping and day used. I just got mine in the mail today in the mail, doesnt expire until 2015 :D

They also, if you have a disability rating of 25% or more, the state will also give you a fishing/standard hunting (like fur bearer and such, not deer tag or duck stamp or anything) license.

The only requirement is that you procure a letter from the VA (on VA letterhead) stating your disability rating
  2. skydiver

skydiver Sandy,OR Well-Known Member

God bless our vets. Double blessing to our disabled vets!

My brother-in-law is a vet and found a website that lists all the stores and restaurants that give a vet discount. I'll check on that when he returns from vacation. Until then, Google it. The list is very long. Worth doing!
  3. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Thanks for the information. I will need check it out. Granted only 10%, but every little bit helps.