JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm new in the area and can someone type some directions for me from I-205 and the exit # from there.

Regards
Mike

From NB I205 its exit 12 (Estacada), from SB I205 its exit 12B (pretty sure its 12B, 12A should be Johnson Rd and you don't want that one)

East on Hwy 224. At 3 miles be sure to veer right to stay on Hwy 224, Hwy 212 splits off to the left.
Continue East on Hwy 224 for 24 1/2 miles, turn right and cross the bridge onto Rd 45, drive 7 miles and the first pit is on the left.

Wow. That's really close. No wonder a lot of people shoot there. I'm currently south of Eugene 25 miles but there's a pit clean up at the molalla (sp) pit this Sunday at 1 pm and I plan on being there to help and to eventually shoot there.

Thank you for the directions. I'm sure I can swing by after the molalla pit cleanup.

Regards
Mike

was up at memaloose saturday, bout 3 foot of snow at the pit, some tree hunters were having trouble getting up to the pit, course front wheel drive and no chains... who would have thought snow would be a problem...?

was up at memaloose saturday, bout 3 foot of snow at the pit, some tree hunters were having trouble getting up to the pit, course front wheel drive and no chains... who would have thought snow would be a problem...?

just got back from there 4 wheel drive almost half way up be careful only 1 spot to turn around.

So a jeep Cherokee with 4wd and "decent" all terrains is okay? How deep is the snow on the road? I am thinking of going up on Saturday.

the problem is the ruts are to the pavement but over 2 feet deep down the middle and 3 feet or more on the sides, once you start up only 1 place to turn around, go like heck and hope you don't run into someone coming down. take chains

i saw a stock cheroke make it to the pit when i was there, was running at tires, no lift. my rig has no lift and im running 29 in swampers. just go slow and easy, dont spin out and you should be ok. should be ok. i still saw a few grooves in the center from my front diff snowplowing, other than that it was just a little slick in spots. we had a few oncoming cars as we were leaving, and using the turnouts was not a problem, AS LONG AS ONE DOESNT GET STUPID, carry chains and a shovel just in case.

i think they are firs, the people that came up after we set up kept going past the pit, tree hunters. but dont take my word for it, i do know the snow was mid thigh headed up the hill at the back of the pit

head towards promitory park from estacada, go past promitory park i dont know how many miles, youll see a narrow green bridge on the right side with a sign for memaloose road. cross the bridge and go forward for 6.8 miles. there will be a couple roads that turn off, but stay in the main road. pit will be on your right, cant miss it.

i saw a stock cheroke make it to the pit when i was there, was running at tires, no lift. my rig has no lift and im running 29 in swampers. just go slow and easy, dont spin out and you should be ok. should be ok. i still saw a few grooves in the center from my front diff snowplowing, other than that it was just a little slick in spots. we had a few oncoming cars as we were leaving, and using the turnouts was not a problem, AS LONG AS ONE DOESNT GET STUPID, carry chains and a shovel just in case.

no turn outs available as of yesterday, ruts are down to pavement, but the middle is 2 feet deep and the sides are frozen and up to 3 feet, once you get to snow line you have no choice but to go like heck until the pit, and hope no one is coming down.

I got bogus directions and never found the pit.
Can someone give good directions from I-205. I live off Foster road. Actually if this pit is near Estacada give direction from there.

Regards and thanks

go to estacada, keep straight towards the res. just pass the res, first bridge turn right mamaloose rd, follow 5 miles to the pit on left.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top