JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

Lost my private shooting range and need something close for me and the daughter. Any areas around Oregon City easy to get to? Daughter is learning to drive as well as shoot so a decent road woudl be appreciated by my and my kidneys..:s0114:

Thansk,

Jeff

Follow road 45 for about 7 miles. The gravel pit on your left is the first area that is ok to shoot at. There's a few rough spots in the road but it's paved and you should be fine getting there.

you can probably do 200 yds at the quarry.also other areas out there are quite decent with no people or trash.i did hit a side road that some slobs left a big mess of shooting stuff clay pigeon boxes and trash all over the area.start looking for roads turning off after the pavement ends and youll find a spot

follow the paved rd to end its about 10 miles.watch out for the potholes if driving a low car! i believe the first road to the left going downhill takes you to the first quarry.

Hey guys,

Lost my private shooting range and need something close for me and the daughter. Any areas around Oregon City easy to get to? Daughter is learning to drive as well as shoot so a decent road woudl be appreciated by my and my kidneys..:s0114:

Thansk,

Jeff

You also have the shooting place south of Mollola along the river. Its difficult to find but instructions are in this forum.

It has large banks of dirt and stone out about 80 yards or so. So you can sight in a hunting rifle if you manage to get their before the place fills up with people.

a couple of us are probably going up to hillock burn tomorrow.if interested in going pm me your number and i can set you up with directions or you can follow us. somewhere around noon ....

Last I heard memaloose is closed to shooting. Rumor was forest service was worried about no backstop shooting. You might give them a call if you intend to go there. They patrol that one pretty heavy.

For over a year the first 6.8 miles have been closed. From the gravel pit, 7 miles, onward is open to shooting. The only two spots I have found with a good backstop are the large gravel pit and a smaller/ shorter one up the road. I have not explored all the roads up there yet, there may be more.

Last I heard memaloose is closed to shooting. Rumor was forest service was worried about no backstop shooting. You might give them a call if you intend to go there. They patrol that one pretty heavy.

I was up at Memaloose on Sunday and there were lots of folks shooting at that time. There are several smaller shooting areas after the large gravel pit at the 7 mile point. All the good ones have high banks shooting into the side of the MT.

I read a range of about 92 yards at the large gravel pit back to the furthest point. So its fine for sighting in a hunting rifle. But it will be difficult on a weekend since there are too many guns firing. A little chaotic on Sunday. Best to head up on a weekday so you can take advantage of the full length if intending to sight in a hunting rifle.

The road is paved and is very nice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads