Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ordering Firearms from Online Retailer

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Chromaflage, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Chromaflage

Chromaflage Oregon Member

I've never placed an internet order for a firearm from an online retailer. Is there a requirement for rifles to be shipped from a retailer to an FFL or can they be shipped directly to your door?

Thanks

2. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

Must go to through your FFL.

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

All out of state modern firearms as designated in Federal law must go through an FFL in your state of residence.. no exceptions

You pay the FFL or individual who has the gun and they must ship it to an FFL.. but you must already have contacted an FFL to find out their fees and requirements and get their address for the shipment

4. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

99 pawn is the cheapest ive found for transfers in se portland and the friendliest as well, they dont treat you like you are mentally disabled and wasting there time like most other shops on this side of town, not including nw armory they are nice but have never used them for transfer, if you are looking for new guns check out davidsons gun genie they do all the work for you its easy to use and lets you see multiple shops and the out the door cost for what you wanna buy, they are pretty empy on stock right now but you can have them send you an email alert when the item you want is back in stock

5. Chromaflage

Thanks for the input so far. I appreciate it.

What does the FFL typically charge for receiving a gun? Or does it vary quite a bit?

6. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

$10-$75 dollars, not including OSP Background.

I charge $20. It also depends on if it is an NFA Firearm/SBS-AOW/Silencer, (you will need to find a "Class III" S.O.T dealer), it will cost more.

I'm a FFL^

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  7. coupeowner

coupeowner SW Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

$10 for background check plus $10+ for ffl fee. A Cut above Pawn in Beaverton charges $10+$10 - about the cheapest I know of.

8. Chromaflage

Cool. Thanks!

9. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

I would recommend Tim Countryman at Home - BLACK LABEL ARMS LLC . He's in West Linn. He's around $20 for the transfer plus $10 for the background (edit - used to be just the $20). but if you know what you want, he can sometimes get you a really killer deal on things.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  10. Gun Mechanic

Gun Mechanic Portland Active Member

11. Dapapadon

Dapapadon Gladstone, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I used 99 Pawn once. And would again. I think it was $30 total.

Don

12. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

Most of the online retailers have a list of FFLs that are on file for you to choose from and some are listed as "Preferred" which usually means everything is on file and your order goes through faster. They also usually show the fees that the dealer charges. It is still best to contact the FFL that you want your order to go through before you place the order. This also goes for most of the gun auction sites.