JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Town halls? Forums? Is Your politician making gun-control arguments in our area, unchallenged?

This forum held by Senator Ron Wyden to talk about funding for the CDC would have been too far for me to drive for. But if I had heard about it sooner (rather than 4 hours later), I would have shared it in the hopes that someone in the Medford/GrantsPass/Rouge River area would have been able to attend.

Wyden pushes for study of gun violence (http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20160719/NEWS/160719628#ReaderReaction)

In addition, Representative Bonomici is holding more town halls in a few weeks. If your in her district, are you able to attend? It's important that she know her gun control positions are NOT popular with her constituents (no matter how much money Bloomberg promises her)

<broken link removed>

Here's another event for Portlandia dwellers.

Yes, it is a major propaganda film with a lot of errors and 'create' editing. But it it also a chance to actually see/hear the gun control rhetoric first hand. Some of them are die-hard "guns are evil and possessed" types.

Some are just regular folks wanting to do something. Unfortunate sponges willing to soak up and believe the first thing told to them.

I may go myself, if I don't have to work (anyone want to go?).

Portland 'Under The Gun' Free Screening (https://www.facebook.com/events/1815714048661649/)

"I may go myself, if I don't have to work (anyone want to go?)"

Not only would I likely burst into flames upon entering a "House of God" of any religion,but..just.. No.:p

Here's another event for Portlandia dwellers.

Yes, it is a major propaganda film with a lot of errors and 'create' editing. But it it also a chance to actually see/hear the gun control rhetoric first hand. Some of them are die-hard "guns are evil and possessed" types.

Some are just regular folks wanting to do something. Unfortunate sponges willing to soak up and believe the first thing told to them.

I may go myself, if I don't have to work (anyone want to go?).

Portland 'Under The Gun' Free Screening (https://www.facebook.com/events/1815714048661649/)

I'd literally rather fight a gorilla for a banana... o_O

Might make more sense to just hold a sign up front where the screening is held, something like "Don't like guns? Move to California." Or a sign offering to train people in safe gun handling. Not that that would do anything, but it might be entertaining or exciting.

I'm too old for that silliness now, but I have been to a few Portland demonstrations.

Just a bump as I think it's important for people to share their upcoming town halls and politician public events.

Especially now that Ceasefire has announced a push for gun bans in Oregon. If you hear of an event in your area, please spread the word (I'll help). No use in letting them spread their propaganda unchallenged.

Suzanne Bonamici, Member of Congress
Please join me when I'm in your community:

Rainier Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
1:30pm-2:30pm
Rainier Senior Center
48 W 7th Street, Rainier

Seaside Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
6:00pm-7:00pm
Clatsop Community College, South County Campus
Rooms 2 and 3, 1455 N Roosevelt Drive, Seaside