JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Second Amendment 'sanctuary counties' sought in Oregon...

LAKEVIEW, Ore. - A measure challenging gun regulations is popping up around the state. Since 2015, four counties have passed a measure known as the Second Amendment Preservation ordinance, and commissioners in Malheur, Union and Lake counties have heard the same measure in the past few weeks.

The ordinance is a reaction to the Oregon Firearms Safety Act, passed by the state Legislature in 2015, which requires background checks for transfers of firearms between private parties. These county ordinances allow sheriffs to ignore this law - which gun advocates see as unconstitutional.

Of course this is the news, so they have to include this in the story (as if it has anything to do with it):
""You can pass all these ordinances you want, but that's not really taking a look at the fact that a lot of people in these rural counties are using their guns to kill themselves," she said. "And that's an issue that really needs to be addressed."

Via Matt Drudge:

upload_2017-2-13_11-49-6.png

Huh. I hadn't heard about that. Good for Union County! I hope it passes.

On the suicide bit... does it strike anyone else as odd that Oregon has an assisted suicide law and yet the antis scream about suicide with guns? I guess we are required to get permission first. And then use an environmentally sensitive method. While being monitored by the coroner of course. Fascist bullbubblegum intended to serve the anti-gun drumbeat to the mush headed public.

When I first saw this I was a bit torn. My first thought was "Well I'm not a fan of localities just refusing to enforce a law on the books and just because I hate the law doesn't mean I can magically be ok with non enforcement of it" but then as I thought more about it It occurred to me that as these laws are seriously unconstitutional and that alone should be enough to knock it out of the books.

So yea thats a total win. Lets keep pushing on every legislative avenue we can, and never miss on any chance you get to educate people on the fence about the issue or even better take them shooting (I have never had that fail to convert someone)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top