JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I can totally see a scenario where this passes.

I don't believe 112,000 petition signatures will be too difficult. They can probably get it from the feckless do-gooders in the Portland metro area alone. That puts it on the 2022 ballot.

The bill will get named something like "Wildlife Protection and Preservation Act". Given a large portion of voters don't bother to look too deeply into these and vote based on how good something sounds, will check the "Approve" box.

The farm unions, Vets, outdoors organizations and everyone who opposes will get called murderers and animal haters while their views get suppressed by the newspapers and other media.

An interesting part of this is the ban on artificial insemination. This puts a lot dog and other small animal breeders out of business as well. While I'm sure this makes those happy that think your dog should only come from a rescue shelter, it puts a lot of the breeders out who are making the working dogs that police and others use. Maybe that's part of the plan.

If this passes, I can't wait to see how out of control wildlife becomes. I guarantee you they won't return the management back to the people though. It will become the state that will have the monopoly on culling herds.

People like these are starting to make Canada look like the free nation in North America.

The bill will get named something like "Wildlife Protection and Preservation Act". Given a large portion of voters don't bother to look too deeply into these and vote based on how good something sounds, will check the "Approve" box.
The Ballot title has been certified after responses from many pro fishing, hunting, farming and ranching groups.

"Criminalizes injuring/ killing animals, including killing for food, hunting, fishing; criminalizes most breeding practices. Exceptions"

I'd like to believe that there is no way this could ultimately pass without some very misleading advertising on the part of the idiots that created it. Seems pretty silly that it even made it past the Sec of State's desk. I'm not saying she isn't a tool of the crusade, but it seems the state is shooting itself in the foot if it ever actually passes.

I'd like to believe that there is no way this could ultimately pass without some very misleading advertising on the part of the idiots that created it. Seems pretty silly that it even made it past the Sec of State's desk. I'm not saying she isn't a tool of the crusade, but it seems the state is shooting itself in the foot if it ever actually passes.

To quote Carlin. Look at how stupid the average person is and remember half are dumber then that. Its Oregon I hold little hope.

I have a feeling Oregon reps don't care. So long as they get their paycheck and lobbying bribes, it's not their problem since the political class is often exempt from it's own rules. I guarantee people will be getting cruelly assaulted by deer, elk, turkeys and geese every day if this actually passed. Gotta defend yourself, ya know

I have a feeling Oregon reps don't care. So long as they get their paycheck and lobbying bribes, it's not their problem since the political class is often exempt from it's own rules. I guarantee people will be getting cruelly assaulted by deer, elk, turkeys and geese every day if this actually passed. Gotta defend yourself, ya know
The entire reason I posted this is to show our reps don't care. Time to pressure these people and make them dread the coming midterms. The silent conservative population in OR needs to be heard.

Cali is close to this already, you can't drive through some parts without a dead turkey or deer on the side of the road. Such poor wildlife management among other things they do wrong.

Stupid…

I created a thread on this a month ago. It's not likely to pass, but who knows?:

This is absolutely ridiculous, they don't care about the wildlife. It is just another venue to quell firearm ownership "well you cant hunt here anymore so you don't have anymore excuses to own a gun, give them to us now" "OBEY,OBEY"

Cali is close to this already, you can't drive through some parts without a dead turkey or deer on the side of the road. Such poor wildlife management among other things they do wrong.

Stupid…
Just drove through Cali after spending two weeks at the in-laws - can confirm, lots of roadkill as compared to the drive down (went Idaho, Utah, Arizona). It was basically Stephen King's petting zoo along most of the highway.

Spent so much time in traffic, we had to extend our drive a day, dealt with asshat drivers who don't know to stay in the right lane on a highway, and to top it all off, a rock kicked up and put a 16" (and growing) crack in the front windshield.

In short...Cali sucks.

The second part of this that gets overshadowed by the ban on hunting, is the ban on animal husbandry and butchering/processing. So, no more painted hills beef, unless it gets shipped to Idaho or Washington for butchering, then back again.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top