JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a 930 Tactical, basically an SPX without sights.... well okay it has a bead.

Looking for something a little more..... Didn't want to spend the extra $250+ to get the SPX.

Anyone have experience with putting red dot on a 12ga?

What do you use and how did it work out?

The front sight on my 1301 is charged by light. I painted the field around it with red for better acquisition. For trials I mounted a PA MD-ADS. If I come to like it, I may be getting an Aimpoint Micro.

1301-RD.jpg

A view from the operators end. Having the ability to increase brightness of the dot is a nice benefit.
20190322-143018.jpg

I have a cheapie reflex optic mounted on my tactical shotty $50. It features red or green, and 4 different type of aiming, red dot, bullseye, crosshair, crosshair plus bull.

Works great for 2-gun and for Texas Star!!!

Last Edited:
I ran a primary arms advanced microdot on a winchester sxp defender for a while before I robbed the sight for my ar pistol and was pretty pleased with it. When primary arms has them on blemished sale for $99 they're a great deal

The few times I carried and used a shotgun while in the Army...I shot it like a bird gun...focused on where I wanted to hit the target and I shot , generally hitting what I needed to.
'Course my first gun was / is a Wingmaster from 1962..and I learned quickly how to shoot it

Granted all we had was bead sights on our shotguns* then...not sure what is used now.
*Winchester Model 12 and the stray Ithaca Model 37

But I'll stick to what I know and use well...A simple bead.
Andy

Got the shotgun from the FFL the other day and Im pretty impressed for the price.

I picked up a rail and some GG&G sling mounts... Then ended up getting a reflex sight for it.

I like the bigger glass, little faster to acquire than the smaller red dots. Should do fine and I can still use the bead... sort of a cowitness

20190322_201442.jpg
20190323_201425.jpg 20190323_201511.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews