JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, kicking around optics options for this short carbine. I'll be honest; I don't normally do scopes, and aren't really up on them. Only two of our rifles have them and one was a gift from wife's grandfather. I also wouldn't countenance putting a scope on one of our lever-actions because then I would have to punch myself, which would be unpleasant.

All that said, I'm thinking a light, low-power scope might be a good call on this one. Ranges would be short, so wouldn't need much. Thoughts on this one? Thanks!

P.S. I think these come with rings, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for the link. Regarding batteries, just another thing to go wrong and have to store. Or maybe I'm just a traditionalist, I don't know, but scopes without said, the little I've bothered with them, worked fine. :)

I am going to run a 1-4 on the bolty 9mm once I get it back.

I would say a 1-4 or 1-6 would suot that rifle just fine.

I have that scope on a 30-06. It's a great scope. It has a standard Duplex reticle that has a dot in the center that can be turned on to varying levels of brightness or turned off. The battery lasts years.
However that's a big, heavy scope for a rifle the size of the 77/44. On my wife's Ruger Compact there's a new 2-7x33 VX-R with the same reticle and that's as big (physically) as I think works on a smaller rifle. If I was scoping a 44 cal carbine I'd look to something like the 1-4x20.

UTG Bug Blaster! You will thank me later! :D

Perfect for very quick snap shooting, excellent glass and coatings, and duel illumination with a common battery and a very long life!
I can tell you, these will take a beating and keep zero better then many!

I think I will got with the Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5x4. It looks like Amazon has them right at two c-notes. That isn't bad considering. Anywhere else I should look?

Parenthetically, the carbine should be in this coming Tuesday.

I found the best price on ebay from a vendor that must also do business on Amazon. I bought it on ebay and it came to me in an Amazon box. :D

Can't hurt to check.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top