JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, kicking around optics options for this short carbine. I'll be honest; I don't normally do scopes, and aren't really up on them. Only two of our rifles have them and one was a gift from wife's grandfather. I also wouldn't countenance putting a scope on one of our lever-actions because then I would have to punch myself, which would be unpleasant.

All that said, I'm thinking a light, low-power scope might be a good call on this one. Ranges would be short, so wouldn't need much. Thoughts on this one? Thanks!

P.S. I think these come with rings, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for the link. Regarding batteries, just another thing to go wrong and have to store. Or maybe I'm just a traditionalist, I don't know, but scopes without said, the little I've bothered with them, worked fine. :)

I am going to run a 1-4 on the bolty 9mm once I get it back.

I would say a 1-4 or 1-6 would suot that rifle just fine.

I have that scope on a 30-06. It's a great scope. It has a standard Duplex reticle that has a dot in the center that can be turned on to varying levels of brightness or turned off. The battery lasts years.
However that's a big, heavy scope for a rifle the size of the 77/44. On my wife's Ruger Compact there's a new 2-7x33 VX-R with the same reticle and that's as big (physically) as I think works on a smaller rifle. If I was scoping a 44 cal carbine I'd look to something like the 1-4x20.

No school like old school:

:D

Super neat-o. Not even remotely what I'm looking for, but, yah, that's pretty cool. :D

UTG Bug Blaster! You will thank me later! :D

Perfect for very quick snap shooting, excellent glass and coatings, and duel illumination with a common battery and a very long life!
I can tell you, these will take a beating and keep zero better then many!

I think I will got with the Leupold VX-Freedom 1.5x4. It looks like Amazon has them right at two c-notes. That isn't bad considering. Anywhere else I should look?

Parenthetically, the carbine should be in this coming Tuesday.

I found the best price on ebay from a vendor that must also do business on Amazon. I bought it on ebay and it came to me in an Amazon box. :D

Can't hurt to check.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads