JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is their 5.5", clip point, 4116 Krupp German Steel (Taiwanese) with a 4.75" handle that fits in a "secure-ex" (Kydex) sheath. It is one of the steels that is less expensive, but with German technology and cheap Asian labor have made a decent knife with good edge holding abilities. (Some say that it rivals 440C in that department, but I don't have the experience with it to make that assessment).

It costs less than $27.00 on Amazon.com and seems to have a high rating with those that have bought the knife. Some abuse the knife by throwing it, so I disregard any of the people that damaged their knife by doing so. There are things that you shouldn't do with a good knife and that it is one of them. While it may not be expensive, it seems to have as good, or better rating, than the Mora knives of Sweden. (At least those of the stainless steel persuasion). The video reviews of the 20PBL Peacemaker II and III (it's shorter brother) seem to be very good.

Does anyone here have any input/opinion concerning these knives?

Last Edited:
It appears that it has a full length tang, which is a positive. Heat treatment is pretty important. Buck gets very good results with the "lowly" 420HC because they do a decent heat treatment on it and get around 58 Rockwell hardness. The 4116 Krupp German Steel is supposedly around 57, which is probably fine though I'd like to see it a little higher, maybe 58-59. Great steel with poor heat treat isn't very good, but a lesser steel with good heat treat is very nice.

Also edge geometry will play a factor. Too thin and it will roll too easily, too thick and your cutting efficiency will suffer a little.

I suppose for the money it might be worth getting one, see if it works for your specific needs. If it does, good deal. If if falls a little short, keep it around as an occasional user or loaner knife.

If you get it, run it through it's paces and let us know what you think of it.

I like the looks of it. The grip is just fine (for me). I am being forced to by an old-fashioned military-type web belt so that I can clip my knife to it. I can use it in the kitchen too.

This knife has a "Scandi" grind (or so they say). I DO like the way it cuts (so far).

We'll see how it "pans out".

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads