JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not as strong as I used to be, but it seems like one has to have super human strength and a grip like a Pitbull's jaw to open the pellet tins from Crosman. Lots of advice on line, but the easiest and the one that always works for me requires only a butter knife. Just rap on 4 opposing sides of the can with the base of the knife and it is much easier to unscrew. May seem obvious to some. I had to look it up.

I guess I haven't run into that problem yet. My tins have opened fairly easily so far. When I close them back up, I am careful not to put them on too tightly when I close them up.

I just throw the can real hard at the floor.
I always manage to spill the whole can when I try to open it, so why not make it easier for myself.

Last Edited:
Had to laugh and yea, lids can suck.
Had a hand-me-down tin of RWS .177's that was rusted up tight. I had to get creative with nippers and a screwdriver.

Animal Hyena1.gif

Animal Hyena1.gif

Yeah just resist the urge to horse them tins open.
On a side note:
Last time I had a screw driver in one hand and some nippers in the other it wasn't pretty...I woke up outside behind the bar and my wallet was empty.

Not as strong as I used to be, but it seems like one has to have super human strength and a grip like a Pitbull's jaw to open the pellet tins from Crosman. Lots of advice on line, but the easiest and the one that always works for me requires only a butter knife. Just rap on 4 opposing sides of the can with the base of the knife and it is much easier to unscrew. May seem obvious to some. I had to look it up.
I cut four or five V shaped cuts in the top of the can and then fold the top in a bit. works great.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews