JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, jokes on them..
Once law enforrcement oversteps their boundaries it'll be a nice fat paycheck for the poor fella who got harrassed.

Luckily unless they flat out lie on the phone with dispatch most of the time the calls are screened and a single officer is sent out just to confirm.

Otherwise that SOB who lied will be held accountable. Hopefully we have access to that information should a lawsuit need to be filed against the said caller.
A false claim to 911 is punishable offense.

Truth be told, the OC'er will have his or her rights trampled on.. However starting tomorrow it's my winter 1911 OC season and I will stand my ground against false charges and Leo harassment.
I'll fill you guys on how the next few weeks/months go. (All depends on work.)

O/C of a holstered pistol is no reason for anyone to get nervous. It's a pretty innocuous thing really. I O/C a SW 4506 pretty consistently and I don't think most people you aren't directly interacting with even notice or assume you're LE.

The only person I ever had comment on it was a board member of my gun club I ran into at dinner one night who asked me if I "was preparing for boarders?"

I genuinely think O/C of a pistol will become so blase that no one will pay attention to it fairly soon.

I have started regular as opposed to occasional O/C fairly recently. Specifically after the Zimmerman debacle.

If Zimmerman had been open carrying, Martin wouldn't have tried to get his inner thug on, he would have walked away. the only real argument I've ever heard about it is the increased possibility of a gun grab, but frankly that just almost never happens. It happens to cops because they have to tussle with suspects every single day. I haven't been in a physical altercation in decades.

As for the jerks doing the swatting, they should be charged with reckless endangerment or some other serious felony. It's not just making a false claim, it's deliberately putting people's lives at risk.

I oc very frequent and never have issues. I try and dress fairly professional, or at least not looking like a hoodlum as well. Plays a big part on nervousness by the public in my opinion. But I don't feel like most people even notice my weapon. Had a run in with a police officer who tried to tell me I had to be 21 to own the handgun and told me I was lucky I wasn't going to jail. To which I responded, believe what you like sir, I don't want to cause trouble but you are mistaken on the law.

I think the idiots making such calls dont realize that they are wearing out the LEO and the whole emergence response system. When there is a new real emergency, LEO may not be able to respond in their best mental readiness. It could themselves get hurt eventually.

That, and they waste alot of time that could be used preventing "real" crime. And Leo's might not be able to respond, or at least have seriously lengthened response because of it.

Can someone explain that silly Photoshop looking picture at the top of the article? Unless Swat teams have started wearing flame throwers and yellow booties and floating above the ground. Someone did some silly fabricating there.

I'd hate to see a swatter make a call and then have something happen to them and no one can respond cause they are full force in the initial call. I've seen similar stuff happen, someone made a bomb threat against my high school and then while the LEOs were responding there, the caller robbed a bank.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top