JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One rifle I was actually considering... till the owner said "put that down kid, someone who could actually afford it wouldn't want your fingerprints all over it"

I might be covered in tattoos... but I came with $10,000 cash in my pocket...

I won't be back to the Boise gun show...

Whoa.... did that guy say that directly to YOU, or did you hear him tell that to a "kid"?! :s0001:

Whoa.... did that guy say that directly to YOU, or did you hear him tell that to a "kid"?! :s0001:
It's rare to fine a GS vendor that isn't a pompous arse like that guy, or a pushy chump like the AR guy selling made in not america crap and calling it top of the line.
Now we know the real reason for the no loaded firearms rule at gun shows.

Wow. Things surely must change. This show, the Ruger Collectors Show, is a yearly event for me. This is the first year I've not attended in quite some time.

I always considered this show, "the" primo show, both because of the Ruger Collectors displays, and the sales show itself, which I considered a cut above any valley show.

Sorry to hear this show would have let me down.

Wow. Things surely must change. This show, the Ruger Collectors Show, is a yearly event for me. This is the first year I've not attended in quite some time.

I always considered this show, "the" primo show, both because of the Ruger Collectors displays, and the sales show itself, which I considered a cut above any valley show.

Sorry to hear this show would have let me down.

The Ruger display was great and worth the price of admission

One rifle I was actually considering... till the owner said "put that down kid, someone who could actually afford it wouldn't want your fingerprints all over it"

I might be covered in tattoos... but I came with $10,000 cash in my pocket...

I won't be back to the Boise gun show...
I don't think I ever told the story of why I never bought a M1A... Its similar to your experience with that guy.

So I was at a gun show and just as we were about to leave, I noticed a M1A in an EBR chassis, had the cash to buy it. Asked if I could take a closer look because it was a package, and it came with a scope I never seen before (didn't want to dump a lot of $$ to be stuck with a reticle I don't like). Guy flat out said no in a condescending attitude. Apparently it was because I looked like a teenager.

Eh, I got a PWS a few days later that costed a little more. Which lead me to the FAL... So it all worked out for me. Guy had the same M1A at every show for almost an entire year.

A great day yesterday... went to the monster's lair and assisted in building the rifle.. which turned out great!
then we took it out to the desert along with a few other things... great shooting spot... IMG_4236.JPG

It didn't take a whole lot of persuading to get IM to bring along his yet to be fired artillery piece
IMG_4233.JPG

When IM squeezed that first shot off, I felt the concussion in my soul!
Then he handed me a full mag to send myself:s0115:...
You haven't lived until double tapping a .50bmg!
IM and I both had the perma grins after that. That alone made my trip.
Oh...and we test fired the project.Perfect of course! once I figure out video hosting I'll post som vids.
IMG_4238.JPG
I'm taking the long way home.. and we stopped at a rest area in BFE, ID... and came across a stranded young woman on her way to Anaconda, Montana. She is enjoying the blessing of surviving a very aggressive cancer, and traveling around to visit the family that supported her, but she hasn't got to see for a while while she was going through treatment and recovery. But when she stopped to pee, her truck wouldn't start. We figured since we had no plans, she would be our plans for the evening, and I handed her one of my two way radios and we jump started her truck and followed her to Montana to make sure she got there OK.
To show her appreciation she bought us Tenderloin and Prawns at her aunts restaurant in Anaconda. One of the best meals of my life!. Ate so much we had to check in to the hotel next door and sleep it off.. It is so rewarding to give service to others. and we made a new friend!
We woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow.

Now... where to go from here.

A great day yesterday... went to the monster's lair and assisted in building the rifle.. which turned out great!
then we took it out to the desert along with a few other things... great shooting spot...View attachment 421372

It didn't take a whole lot of persuading to get IM to bring along his yet to be fired artillery piece
View attachment 421371

Oh...and we test fired the project.Perfect of course! once I figure out video hosting I'll post som vids.
View attachment 421373
I'm taking the long way home.. and we stopped at a rest area in BFE, ID... and came across a stranded young woman on her way to Anaconda, Montana. She is enjoying the blessing of surviving a very aggressive cancer, and traveling around to visit the family that supported her, but she hasn't got to see for a while while she was going through treatment and recovery. But when she stopped to pee, her truck wouldn't start. We figured since we had no plans, she would be our plans for the evening, and I handed her one of my two way radios and we jump started her truck and followed her to Montana to make sure she got there OK.
To show her appreciation she bought us Tenderloin and Prawns at her aunts restaurant in Anaconda. One of the best meals of my life!. Ate so much we had to check in to the hotel next door and sleep it off.. It is so rewarding to give service to others. and we made a new friend!

You shot the car ?????

then we took it out to the desert along with a few other things... great shooting spot...View attachment 421372

View attachment 421371

View attachment 421373

Wow you really went on a trip what you didn't go to the McDonald's in Anaconda MT lol been there 100 times old mining town . Had a huge copper mine and I think still has a little one

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads