JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I could some advice on either where to source or how to fix this old family heirloom. I'd like to fix it and return it to my Dad. I know it has no monetary value but it hung over the kitchen door homestead in KS for decades. I've been looking for a replacement for a while now using all the sites listed here and ebay but haven't had much luck. It's an New Baker, by Syracuse Forging and Gun Co., double barrel damascus shotgun.

If anyone has one they would be willing to part with or know where I can get a stock or parts gun or a place to get it repaired it would be greatly appreciated.
20200607_185813.jpg

I'd put a call in to Boyds (605-996-5011) in South Dakota. I've gotten two old shotgun buttstocks from them over the years for some pretty rare pieces.

Another approach (I wish I could remember his name): there's a guy north of you in Arlington. Sometimes he advertises on Craigslist, but only when he's not already busy. He isn't a gun guy per se, but he has woodworking equipment that can copy your existing stock onto new wood. In this case, you'd build up the missing bits with clay, let it harden, and then he would copy it. I was missing a big chunk from the handguard of one of my Greeners and replaced it this way.

I could some advice on either where to source or how to fix this old family heirloom. I'd like to fix it and return it to my Dad. I know it has no monetary value but it hung over the kitchen door homestead in KS for decades. I've been looking for a replacement for a while now using all the sites listed here and ebay but haven't had much luck. It's an New Baker, by Syracuse Forging and Gun Co., double barrel damascus shotgun.

If anyone has one they would be willing to part with or know where I can get a stock or parts gun or a place to get it repaired it would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 765963
I have that old gun. I also needed a but stock and found an excellent walnut piece at Macon out of Missouri. Catalog Pricing-Macon Gunstocks including wood blanks

They asked me to send my old stock to them so they could make sure what I needed. Great people to deal with. Good luck with the auction and your project. These are fine old guns made for the working man.

~Whitney
-Edit to add;
Looks like Numeric has the hard to find lock plates.
Baker Double Barrel Hammerless | Gun Parts

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class