JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
found 3 boxes of .45 in my dads shop,1 box is remmington head stamp marked 60 best i can tell thats 1960,the other are twin city arsenal probaly same era,ammo is a bit tarnished, want to know how to clean them up and will they fire alright? please give me your input... thanks

found 3 boxes of .45 in my dads shop,1 box is remmington head stamp marked 60 best i can tell thats 1960,the other are twin city arsenal probaly same era,ammo is a bit tarnished, want to know how to clean them up and will they fire alright? please give me your input... thanks

Put them in your vibratory media tumbler and they should clean up just fine. As far as firing goes, as long as they weren't exposed to any oil, my guess would be they should fire fine. Ammo from 1960 isn't really what I would call "old."

Tarnished, but not corroded? shoot 'em. :) If the ammo is actually corroded, brass turning green and with powdery residue, I'd advise against shooting them. If the brass is corroded it will be weakened.

Windex.jpg

Windex, the Corrosive Ammo shooter's best friend.

ought to work just fine, I fire ww2 vintage stuff all the time
Dad bought some of this stuff (30-06) in the early 60's. I haven't shot any in 10 years or so, but wouldn't hesitate to shoot more if needed. Now a days, it's kinda collectible if it's still in the box. Something to consider.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top