JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
By now, "shotgun Joe" Biden's ridiculous remarks about firing a double-barrel shotgun into the air to scare away intruders are old news. However...one thing that occurred to me is that his statement, no matter how ignorant and ill-informed, represents a fundamental (and positive, for our side) shift in the position of the anti-gun left.

Prior to this, it was considered heresy on the part of the anti-gun left to admit that guns had ANY self-defense purpose whatsoever. Guns are bad; guns are evil; only the police and army should have them; a gun in a private home is 10X more likely to be used against its owner than against an intruder; we are safer if we hide in a closet and call 911; blah blah blah....

Bidens remarks are really the first time that I have ever heard an anti-gun liberal admit on national media that self-defense is a legitimate reason to keep a firearm in one's home. While the "tactics" that he suggests we use leave a great deal to be desired, he did publicly suggest that arming oneself with a firearm in response to a perceived threat is an appropriate thing to do. This suggests to me that the center of the debate has fundamentally shifted in our favor.

It is all trickery. I garauntee once they get the restrictions and registrations they want, he will still keep saying "all you need is a double barreled shotgun". And once that is all we have left, he will then have an ipiphany or revelation from god/obama, that we don't even need those anymore since the criminals can't possibly have more powerful guns since they are now outlawed.

On the surface your idea seems to make sense, but that is assuming that they actually care about what had been said in the past, or that they will even acknowledge it was actually said (see Harry Reid denying that he called the anti-obamacare stories lies, while there is video proof that he did).

Bidens remarks are really the first time that I have ever heard an anti-gun liberal admit on national media that self-defense is a legitimate reason to keep a firearm in one's home.
Shooting a gun, any gun, in the air is not self defense.

Unless of course, one is being attacked by a flock of rabid starlings!

Nor does it lend any legitimacy to either side of the argument.

Sorry, but if you can't tell, I'm not letting "idiot Joe" off the hook.
YMMV

30 years ago he would have been spewing out the standard liberal Pablum of rape whistles, hair spray in the eyes, or women lying on their backs and shouting "no, no, no" while they kicked their feet at an assailant. 30 years ago the mere idea of using a gun for self defense was unspeakable to the liberals, now its pretty much mainstream and anyone who talked about whistles or hairspray would get laughed off the stage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top