JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So whats the difference between a "Constitutional carry" state and a state like Oregon which is a "Right to carry" state?
From what I've seen Constitutional requires no permit and Right to Carry requires a permit once BGC has been met. At lease in WA

Or an NFA tax stamp! :D

LOL! True that. Some of our stamps, quite literally, took longer than the new life to spring forth from the womb. One we were actually matching along with the gestation period of our son. Governmental efficiency at it's best!

Sarcasm aside, good on the Sooner State. Been there on business; wonderful people, nice climate (at least when I was there), and surprisingly beautiful country. I reckon we're headed southwest, but I'll readily admit Oklahoma is damn tempting.

Sarcasm aside, good on the Sooner State. Been there on business; wonderful people, nice climate (at least when I was there), and surprisingly beautiful country. I reckon we're headed southwest, but I'll readily admit Oklahoma is damn tempting.

It can be, then it can be most severe and I'm not just talking about the tornadoes (deal killer for me) but the heat and humidity get extreme and unbelievable amounts of rain, not like here, all at once, like a wall of water falling from the sky. I've seen a piece of hail the size of a large large grapefruit, if that hit someone in the head they'd be dead, no question and the lighting can be most impressive, down right scary. All I can say is spend more time there before going down that road.

It can be, then it can be most severe and I'm not just talking about the tornadoes (deal killer for me) but the heat and humidity get extreme and unbelievable amounts of rain, not like here, all at once, like a wall of water falling from the sky. I've seen a piece of hail the size of a large large grapefruit, if that hit someone in the head they'd be dead, no question and the lighting can be most impressive, down right scary. All I can say is spend more time there before going down that road.

I believe it. It really isn't on our "short list", Arizona being the chief interest, followed by Idaho. The little I've seen of OK has been, well, OK, though I'm sure there are the downsides. Every locale has them.

Oklahoma Becomes 15th Permitless Gun-Carry State.

Oklahoma governor Kevin Stitt (R.) signed a bill into law on Wednesday that eliminated permitting requirements for concealed gun carry inside the state.

The bill, H.B. 2597, would allow anyone who is 21 years old or older to legally carry a concealed firearm so long as they are legally allowed to possess a firearm. It also includes exemptions for anyone between the age of 18 and 21 to be able to carry without a permit so long as they are a member of the military, national guard, or are an honorably discharged veteran.

It is now the 15th state to adopt such a system. Twenty-seven other states and the District of Columbia employ a "shall-issue" system where those who pass background checks and meet other requirements must be given permits to carry. The other eight states employ a "may-issue" system where those who pass the checks and meet the stated requirements may still be denied permits by government officials.

Sadly, some states seem to be going the opposite direction from Oklahoma. The disparity between states about firearms is very unclear. We are supposed to be smarter in the 21st century, but it is more like states and politician's are getting dumber!

Awesome news to hear in OK. Hope that other states wanna start mirroring and competing with this instead of anti 2A

Awesome news to hear in OK. Hope that other states wanna start mirroring and competing with this instead of anti 2A
Oklahoma is one state that seems to be leading in the right direction. Unless I am missing something, many states are not going this direction. Even federally, there is a gun hysteria that is in an idiot phase currently!

In states like North Carolina, Tennessee and many other so-called pro-gun states are supposedly Right to Carry, but that is BS... In fact, in North Carolina and Tennessee, for example, you have to pay $100s of dollars for the permit, training course and must qualify in a shooting exam that of course are only offered at 7AM by some potentially grumpy instructor (usually Law Enforcement officer) who may or may not treat you with respect. I had to take an 8 hour course in North Carolina that was dreadfully long and although somewhat interesting, it was a complete infringement on my 2nd Amendment rights. I would have been fine taking such a course out of my own personal desire, but to be forced by a government mandate is nothing short of fascism and infringing my rights. The right to Bear a Firearm is not a right in most states, it is a privilege you must earn. So, Right to Carry is just a bunch of hogwash. Constitutional Carry is the only real law a state can have if they are bound by the 2nd Amendment and not by fascist decrees that usurp our rights.

I may be moving to Tennessee and despite having an 8-hour NRA certified course certificate from North Carolina with 100% score and was taught by a senior Sheriff Deputy, I am told that my certificate is not valid in Tennessee. The instructor on the phone (who makes his money teaching these mandated, unconstitutional 2nd AMendment infringing courses) told me that Tennessee is just so different. He said Tennessee has Castle Doctrine unlike most other states and that their laws are much different so it is necessary to take this course again. I am like WTF!!! o_O Every state I have lived in has Castle Doctrine.. And, what does Castle Doctrine have to do with conceal carrying your gun in the supermarket? And, of course, I need to take the shooting qualification exam again because Tennessee has Castle Doctrine!! Yeah, he is going to get his $100+ out of me.. Blood money is how I view it and I don't have a lot of respect for these instructors since they help promote this stuff. In fact, I was reading that many of these NRA certified instructors who make their money teaching these CHL courses in these 8-hour CHL course mandated states (which is many of them) are some of the biggest opponents to Constitutional Carry measures. Go figure.

Congrats to the grand state of Oklahoma!! Now, if they can do something about those F-6 Tornadoes, I could even consider living there o_O

All I can say is spend more time there before going down that road.
Having lived in OKC for a couple years I agree with everything titsonritz said and more! Don't forget the chiggers, fire ants, cottonmouths, possums, tarantulas and just about every other nasty thing on earth.
The oppressive humidity in the summer is horrible and as previously mentioned terrifying thunderstorms and the constant potential of dangerous tornados - no thanks.
I could be wrong but I suspect OK might be doing this a ploy to attract people to move to there as I don't think the population is growing too quickly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads