JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who cares,They are criminals...
They should suffer,Maybe they won't do it again...Heck,It might lower the rate of repeat offenders...
Make them work , Make them suffer......:s0155:

what about a afghanistan or iraq summer, if our troops can do it defending our country or prisoners can do it as punishment

The first duty of government is to protect the citizens. Police, military...

But no, we have such a huge financial drain from being a welfare state and from forming huge bureaucracies which are sacred that we can't cut our budget except by doing away with the fundamentals.

My Dad, 93, tells me that during the Great Depression, Florida where he lived had to lay off all state police. He said that most municipal police departments either closed or got down to one or two people, and that his county let all sheriff's deputies go and all that was left was the sheriff.

During the Great Depression the unemployment rate hit about 25%. If we take the official numbers today and add the underemployed and terminally discouraged, the Great Lakes area is already there.

During the Great Depression there wasn't yet any unemployment insurance, welfare, food stamps, medicaid, social security income, etc. etc. People had to fend. A far greater percentage of the population lived on small farms to make that possible. There was no "entitlement" mentality.

Just watch what happens when state budgets get so bad that they can't pay for welfare or food stamps or low income housing.

Hey, no problem, they will do just what Oregon did and con the people into agreeing to a huge tax increase. Tax those nasty, mean big corporations with a floating tax on gross sales. Ta! Da! Oregon finally passed a sales tax, reason, corporations don't pay any taxes, they pass them all down to all of us in the form of higher prices.

I think a large share of the people of Oregon just can't put that all together to understand they just shot themselves in the foot.

[/B]

Hey, no problem, they will do just what Oregon did and con the people into agreeing to a huge tax increase. Tax those nasty, mean big corporations with a floating tax on gross sales. Ta! Da! Oregon finally passed a sales tax, reason, corporations don't pay any taxes, they pass them all down to all of us in the form of higher prices.

I think a large share of the people of Oregon just can't put that all together to understand they just shot themselves in the foot.

This is a fact!,I have a small business and my cost is just passed to the consumer...

This insurance issue that is up and coming requiring all business's to carry health insurance will just raise the unemployment rate due to owners limiting the amount of employee's and again raising prices to cover insurance costs...

The message seems clear , The government is pushing for a fight or attempting to squeeze the life out of life as we know it...
The Question is What are We going to do...

Hmmm... I'm more curious as to what is going to happen in Cali with their messed up gun controls and bankrupt state. Oh yeah and their 12.7% unemployment official number!? It's safe to say I won't be visiting Cali anytime soon. Heck i think we should post armed gaurds at the Oregon California border right now.

So how many LEO's have they got on duty in Oregon rural counties,
say 3-5 am? Places like Harney, or Malheur?

In Northeastern WA, there are often exactly 0 in some counties.

This shouldn't be such a shock, but should help urban folks understand
why self defense is so important to some.

Woodburn has three patrol officers and one patrol supervisor on duty in the field at any one time... I don't know about the dedicated "traffic patrol" on motorcylces if that is included or not... I was shocked to hear it was that few!

Don't know about today but when I was growing up (60's and 70's) there weren't many. Malheur is a BIG county. Most of it BLM land or farm/ranch land. I lived closer to Homedale, ID than where I went to school - Adrian.

Shoot, most of us in high school had rifles and shotguns in the racks in our pick-ups. Would go out hunting in the morning or after school. Never had a problem with them. We knew the county mounties and they knew us. No problems at all except for those that came from outside.

Point is, all the farmers had weapons and knew how to use them. Better luck with the cities than the small town folk. They take care of their own.

Out my way there is suposed to be one county guy out here but my experience tells me there are zero (County or State FWIW) at that time of night/morning. I've made a call to report something around that time recently... And yeah I was told they have nobody in the area and that it would be awhile before somebody was available to check it out. Didn't bother me since I'm armed along with all my nieghbors. :s0155:

Yeah the thing that really erked me was that they have 700 people "waiting" for a jail cell. That's free reign to do whatever they want. If you do any kind of small crimes they hold you, you go free.

This is a strong message that America needs to forget the gun bills and figure out their criminal system. It's a revolving door at best. And we don't have enough people, jails, money, or resources to give fit punishment for people who commit crimes or now a days most are just career criminals.

I've never understood why we would send someone to jail for life, why just just kill them? Why sit someone in a cage until they die? Just end them, it will save billions of dollars, open up the jails, and teach people TO NOT COMMIT CRIMES!!! Wow what an idea.

From what I saw of the list of the un-incarcerated and their "crimes", I have no problem with them being free. We jail people for non crimes every second in this formerly free nation

You know that's right.
My step-dad is on pers retirement and his friends all give him crap for it. I think he paid his dues for sure. But it's no different than politics. I don't see why members of congress and the senate get a retirement of like 15k a month and unlimited health care, etc.

They get it because we stand by and do nothing

Let's see, what was different about 1930s America, and today? I am sure answering this would violate board guidelines, just sayin'

From what I saw of the list of the un-incarcerated and their "crimes", I have no problem with them being free. We jail people for non crimes every second in this formerly free nation

You a pothead focker?

That may be, but they were convicted of a crime. If we decide to just start dismissing people who commit small crimes, then that sets them up to get away with more, push their limits.
It would be open season for small crimes. Oh well he only kicked a puppy, oh well he only beat his girlfriend, oh well he only dismembered an entire family including three small children. Obviously that rational is on the obsurd side, but where does it stop? If it's against the law it's against the law.

You a pothead focker?

That may be, but they were convicted of a crime. If we decide to just start dismissing people who commit small crimes, then that sets them up to get away with more, push their limits.
It would be open season for small crimes. Oh well he only kicked a puppy, oh well he only beat his girlfriend, oh well he only dismembered an entire family including three small children. Obviously that rational is on the obsurd side, but where does it stop? If it's against the law it's against the law.

Easy now... I agree laws are laws... I also feel this country has too many petty criminals incarcerated for what? Illegal possession of pot? Oh no! the dreaded pot head...run!

Back to the topic however, it is well known, or maybe not, that countries that require the citizens to arm themselves have the lowest crime rate...ie: Switzerland. Ohios' crime rate is bound to go down...oh the irony of it all!

Will

what about a afghanistan or iraq summer, if our troops can do it defending our country or prisoners can do it as punishment

I was just thinking the same thing. Our prisoners here are treated better than our soldiers are!! We need more "Sheriff Joe's" in the US. Treat the prisoners like criminals or at least as bad as our trooops have it!!

Deen
NRA Life Member Benefactor Level/Recruiter

[/B]

Oregon now has a sales tax? If so, huge @$$ mistake!

You a pothead focker?

Nice ad hominem attack because you disagree with me. Your absurd post speaks for itself. Allow me to turn the tables and ask you when was the last time you got drunk at the bar, drove home, ran over several children on the way and then beat your wife and children?

My town in Oregon has a population of around 600 people. The police only come out here during the summer to write parking tickets and respond to bomb threats at the school.(Some kids think it funny).
We as a community have a neighborhood watch and we have armed our selfs.
As an example A few weeks ago 3 motorcycles where stolen from down the street. Two days later the truck and the guys where found by the help of about 10 people and the police did a raid on there property. One is in jail and one has a warrant out for his arrest.

My house is watched while I'm out of town and I'm ready if my neighbors need my help.
This is how we are going to survive when the Sht hits the fan.

I think everyone should have a strong community.

Hmmm... I'm more curious as to what is going to happen in Cali with their messed up gun controls and bankrupt state. Oh yeah and their 12.7% unemployment official number!? It's safe to say I won't be visiting Cali anytime soon. Heck i think we should post armed gaurds at the Oregon California border right now.

Welcome to Oregon....NOW GO HOME!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top