JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, this was much ado about not-necessarily-anything. It could have been a sign of something bad, it could have just been a sign of a scheduling change. If it doesn't go back on the schedule, then it's time to get worried.

[FONT=&]"166.260 Persons not affected by ORS 166.250.[/FONT][FONT=&] (1) ORS 166.250 does not apply to or affect:[/FONT]
[FONT=&] (a) Sheriffs, constables, marshals, parole and probation officers, police officers, whether active or honorably retired, or other duly appointed peace officers".[/FONT]

Am I missing something? They are already exempt according to this.

Hell, people going hunting or fishing can carry concealed in Oregon.

[FONT="] "(b) Licensed hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or returning from a hunting or fishing expedition".[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]

While I agree that the speaker shouldn't have killed a bill, Oregon did elect her into that powerful position and we are stuck with her.

I hope more/enough conservatives vote next time.

The test in bold on the bill denotes changes.

For what it's worth, Kevin Sterritt at OFF is aware of her response and is looking into why the schedule was changed. It was originally scheduled for a hearing on March 5th but was taken off the schedule. The new schedule hasn't been posted yet. That's why the initial impression was that it was removed all together.

The condesending tone of Senator Koteks' email should be alarming to all of us. This is perhaps the nanny state at it's worst and shows their true colers.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews