JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That site shows the 10mm Cor-Bon 135 at 760 ft-lbs, if I'm reading it right (which I may not be lol).

I rechecked that, and you are right. I spent too many hours in a duck blind this weekend and I'm a little fuzzy. =)
Keep us posted on your .460 conversion if you go that way, I would be interested to see how that turns out.

That's far from the truth, unfortunately. They run 35mph with their head bobbing up and down...which you pretty much have to hit in 1, MAYBE 2 shots. Nothing else will stop them before they get to you. Additionally, I'd like to think I'd hold off until I know it's not a false charge. I've heard that gun carriers get hurt more frequently than bear spray carriers...possibly due to instigating a REAL charge by firing too soon. Or maybe they feel more secure and put themselves in harms way more readily.

I've had to dispatch a few black bear at close distance and the head bobbing wasn't an issue. The one's I had to take down were coming through the thick tag elder or were breaking into cabins or eating the family dog kind of scenarios. I guess it depends on where and when a person meets up with em. My experiences have been less than 20 feet on average and usually lots of cover. It would be a different story if you could see it charging from a distance, through I don't see how a laser would help anyway. Then it's just a timing issue.

I would have to say its the gun you can hit your target with. Honestly though, If I was in your shoes, Id go with a S&W 500 mag. I figure if I am only going to get 1 or 2 shots off, I would feel alot better with a gun that can drop anything walking with those 2 shots providing I hit the target.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top