Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

objective lens, coyote AR?

Reactions
looking for glass for an AR that will be primarily target/coyote. looking at the vortex pst 1-6X and the leupold vx-r 3-9. I really do not want too much scope nor exposed turrets. weight savings is also nice.

How much is the objective lens going to matter for use of this kind?

Reactions
looking for glass for an AR that will be primarily target/coyote. looking at the vortex pst 1-6X and the leupold vx-r 3-9. I really do not want too much scope nor exposed turrets. weight savings is also nice.

How much is the objective lens going to matter for use of this kind?
Your objective lens size will affect your field of view. A 1-6 is a good compromise. I would say good for yotes to about 300 yards in brushy conditions. In open conditions you could go 500.

Reactions
After trying several scopes for my coyote rifles, I have settled on a Leupold 2-7x33mm VX-R with fire dot reticle. The 2 power is low enough for fast close up work with both eyes open. It weighs less than 13 oz. The fire dot is very fast for coyote accusition and if you hunt at night the dot with power turned down is money.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Went to their event today and got to experience full auto fire from an AR w/ can! Could only...
    • YotaNut12
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    1.00 star(s)
    Went in today for their event which offered 1/2 price range time and full auto demo thro...
    • YotaNut12
  • Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought a G29 from him a few years ago. Also did 2 ffl transfers there as well. Great guy and...
    • spectre1986
  • Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    A few years back, I had him thread the barrel on an AK. The threads were not aligned with the...
    • Howard1955
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    4.00 star(s)
    I found Oregon Rifleworks because I used to take public transit to Tigard and the Wes stops off...
    • corey_pdx