JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking for glass for an AR that will be primarily target/coyote. looking at the vortex pst 1-6X and the leupold vx-r 3-9. I really do not want too much scope nor exposed turrets. weight savings is also nice.

How much is the objective lens going to matter for use of this kind?

looking for glass for an AR that will be primarily target/coyote. looking at the vortex pst 1-6X and the leupold vx-r 3-9. I really do not want too much scope nor exposed turrets. weight savings is also nice.

How much is the objective lens going to matter for use of this kind?

Your objective lens size will affect your field of view. A 1-6 is a good compromise. I would say good for yotes to about 300 yards in brushy conditions. In open conditions you could go 500.

After trying several scopes for my coyote rifles, I have settled on a Leupold 2-7x33mm VX-R with fire dot reticle. The 2 power is low enough for fast close up work with both eyes open. It weighs less than 13 oz. The fire dot is very fast for coyote accusition and if you hunt at night the dot with power turned down is money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top