JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing for sure is that paranoia and its conspiracy theories are alive and well.

It's my belief that it will continue until it all comes crashing down. Let's face it, this failed experiment we call humanity is not how we are intended to live. When I get up for work I want it to be a benefit to my community, not to add more dollars into a suits pocket. People come up with these theories and disasters because we all want to be part of something more because life is boring!

Actually they are far more factual than most other sources. The NRA has won awards for factual reporting when not many others have.

UN Small Arms treaty comes to mind. It came to a point I had to contact NRA to request that no printed materials are to be sent to me. Every week there was a fat envelope of expensive gloss colored papers screaming about falling skies and asking for money. At the same time we still have 1986 ban on transfer of machineguns, 1989 ban on importation of "non-sporting" firearms, and 200x ban on importation of barrelled parts kits. Not such a low-hanging fruit, I guess...

UN Small Arms treaty comes to mind. It came to a point I had to contact NRA to request that no printed materials are to be sent to me. Every week there was a fat envelope of expensive gloss colored papers screaming about falling skies and asking for money. At the same time we still have 1986 ban on transfer of machineguns, 1989 ban on importation of "non-sporting" firearms, and 200x ban on importation of barrelled parts kits. Not such a low-hanging fruit, I guess...
And without the NRA you wouldn't have any rights to own a gun now.

And without the NRA you wouldn't have any rights to own a gun now.

How do you figure ? Here are my points to counter your statement :

- Second Amendment existed before NRA
- NRA helped to craft a number of gun control measures
- NRA became a lobbying organization fairly recently (late 70's)
- There were already millions of firearms in possession by that time
- Majority of states have their versions of Second Amendment
- SAF is responsible for SCOTUS to rule 2A is individual right, and SAF was the main force behind Incorporation

Have I missed anything ?

Oh, right... handguns were banned in DC and Chicago pretty much for as long as NRA has been "lobbying" around. Thank you NRA!

And another thing. I don't know how many of you aware of that, but SAF's lead lawyer Alan Gura was arguing for Incorporation via P&I.
NRA jumped the train as it has left the station, and caused Mr. Gura to lose half of his time at the oral arguments. NRA of course argued
DP, which was a done deal as it is. Basically those bubblegums got some credit for themselves by sacrificing the chance of restoring the true
meaning of the 14th Amendment. Or simply saying they sacrificed Our Rights.

Regardless of how you feel about the NRA, Obama's promise of a "transparent government" never materialized. Is that clear?

Politics is power. People in that capacity, especially at the higher levels of political coercion rarely do things to uphold the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, or even for truly noble causes. They make decisions based on their ability to get reelected. And the majority that jeopardizes our rights always seem to get reelected, probably due to being good at spinning their version. And now, some positions are being filled that are appointed by the TOTUS and not elected by us.

Forget the donkey and elephant thing. We shouldn't assume for one minute that any political figure is going to keep their word to us. As for a document in writing - read it carefully and thoroughly from front to back. I know this has probably been discussed before, but we don't want them signing off on anything that they need to approve before learning of the contents.

Regardless of how you feel about the NRA, Obama's promise of a "transparent government" never materialized. Is that clear?

Every POTUS candidate has a list of promises. Was there one in the modern history who in fact kept all of them with satisfactory results ? I'm really curious.
And to make sure, do you mean F&F scandal as a symptom of non-transparent government, or do you mean something else ?

Every POTUS candidate has a list of promises. Was there one in the modern history who in fact kept all of them with satisfactory results ? I'm really curious.
And to make sure, do you mean F&F scandal as a symptom of non-transparent government, or do you mean something else ?

Rereading my own post, I don't recall reading where I mentioned that BHO was the only lying sack to hold the presidential office. Gee, going back a few terms, Bushies 1 and 2, Clinton - all of them lied to us. I just don't get the total defensive posture of people towards this one.

As for the transparent government, yes, F&F is one. The selective choosing of which media will be allowed into the WH press conferences and the previewed list of acceptable questions that can be asked is another one.

Unfortunately, presidents do not select their cabinet based on merit and competency, but rather, based on similar political thoughts, and this one is no different. People that are interested in politics in forums such as this logically come to their conclusions because of the advisors the POTUS has surrounding him that have track records of anti-2A. I thought GW Bush was a lousy president also but at least he was mature enough to stand up on a podium and take criticism and field tough questions.

Anybody has read the actual text of the statement ?

Like as if he would speak the truth :s0112::s0112::s0112: Don't listen to what they say but watch what they do, Fast and Furious killed over 150 people and it was all in an effort to bring on more gun controls

jj

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads